promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
匿名使用者
匿名使用者 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

原文語言-meet 和 meet with 的差別為何?

我記得meet應該是及物動詞,但是今天看到一個例句是:

If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must first make an appointment with his secretary.

So, is there any difference between "meet" and "meet with"?

2 個解答

評分
  • PONY
    Lv 7
    9 年前
    最佳解答

我記得meet應該是及物動詞,但是今天看到一個例句是:

If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must first make an appointment with his secretary. So, is there any difference between "meet" and "meet with"?A. Meet的確是及物動詞,但也是不及物動詞。原句該加with與否,和詞性相關性不大,重點是在「情境」的不同。在經過「事先約定」與某人「見面、會談」,而這種見面都不涉及看電影、吃飯、男女約會等休閒活動時,英美人士慣用 to meet with Sb, 特別是下列較正式的場合,例: Mrs. Albertson likes to privately meet with students and listen carefully for their needs. (老師會見學生)As a principal, he must meet with parents , raise money, recruit students, and engage in many other activities. (校長會見家長)The ambassador met with Mr. Bush for 30 minutes. (大使會見總統)Unlike many top industry executives, who routinely meet with clients , Lasser was inaccessible. (企業老闆會見顧客)版大原句If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must first make an appointment with his secretary. 既然要事先透過秘書做預約的動作,顯然就是屬於這種「較正式」的情境。

B. 至於meet當及物、不及物動詞,較常用「和人見面」有關的情境則有:1. to be in the same place as sb else because you have arranged to do this (事先約好,兩人在同一地點出現)Meet me at 8 o’clock in front of the theater. (約好看電影的碰面)(及物)Why don’t we meet for lunch on Friday. (約好吃飯的碰面)(不及物)b. to see Sb by chance and talk to them (無意遇見某人並有交談)I met my elementary school math teacher in the park this afternoon. (無意間碰到小學老師)You’ll never guess who I met yesterday – my exit boy friend. (和前男友巧遇)c. see Sb for the first time (初次認識某人)A: How old were you when you met your wife? (你剛認識你太太時你幾歲?)

B: Oh, that’s a good question. Let me see…I think I was around 32 when I met my wife.

A: Where did you meet her? (你在哪認識她的?)

B: She was the secretary of the company and I was one of the salesmen during that time.

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 阿昌
    Lv 7
    9 年前

If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must first make an appointment with his secretary.

如果您希望會见Higgins先生,您必须首先定與他的秘書的一次约會。

So, is there any difference between "meet" and "meet with"?因此,有沒有在「集會」和「集會之间的任何区别與」?

meet:遇見; 碰上

meet with :偶然遇到

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。