發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

急!!最後一片葉子!!誰能幫我翻譯中文?!!

The Last Leaf In a little district west of Washington Square the streets have run crazy and broken themselves into small strips called “places.” These “places” make strange angles and curves. One street crosses itself a time or two. An artist once discovered a valuable possibility in this street. Suppose a collector with a bill for paints, paper, and canvas should, in traversing this route, suddenly meet himself coming back, without a cent having been paid on account!So, to quaint old Greenwich Village the art people soon came prowling, hunting for north windows and eighteenth-century gables and Dutch attics and low rents. Then they imported some pewter mugs and a chafing dish or two from Sixth Avenue, and became a “colony.”At the top of a squatty, three-storey brick house Sue and Johnsy had their studio. “Johnsy” was familiar for Joanna. One was from Maine; the other from California. They had met at the table d’hôte of an Eighth street “Delmonico’s,” and found their tasters in art, chicory salad, and bishop sleeves so congenial that the joint studio resulted.That was in May. In November a cold, unseen stranger, whom the doctors called Pneumonia, stalked about the colony, touching one here and there with his icy finger. Over on the east side this ravager strode boldly, smiting his victims by scores, but his feet trod slowly through the maze of the narrow and moss-grown “places.”Mr. Pneumonia was not what you would call a chivalric old gentleman. A mite of a little woman with blood thinned by California zephyrs was hardly fair game for the red-fisted, short-breathed old duffer. But Johnsy he smote; and the lay, scarcely moving, on her painted iron bedstead, looking through the small Dutch windowpanes at the blank side of the next brick house.One morning the busy doctor invited Sue into the hallway with a shaggy, grey eyebrow.

已更新項目:

“She has one chance in—let us say, ten,” he said, as he shook down the mercury in his clinical thermometer. “And that chance is for her to want to live. This way people have of lining-up on the side of the undertaker makes the entire pharmacopœia look silly.

2 個已更新項目:

Your little lady has made up her mind that she’s not going to get well. Has she anything on her mind?”

“She—she wanted to paint the Bay of Naples some day,” said Sue.

“Paint?—bosh! Has she anything on her mind worth thinking about twice—a man, for instance?”

3 個已更新項目:

“Paint?—bosh! Has she anything on her mind worth thinking about twice—a man, for instance?”

“A man?” said Sue, with a jews’-harp twang in her voice. “Is a man worth—but no, doctor; there is nothing of the kind.”

4 個已更新項目:

“Well, it is the weakness, then,” said the doctor. “I will do all that science, so far as it may filter through my efforts, can accomplish. But whenever my patient begins to count the carriages in her funeral procession I subtract 50 per cent from the curative power of medicines.

5 個已更新項目:

If you will get her to ask one question about the new winter styles in cloak sleeves I will promise you a one-in-five chance for her, instead of one in ten.”

6 個已更新項目:

After the doctor had gone, Sue went into the workroom and cried a Japanese napkin to a pulp. Then she swaggered into Johnsy’s room with her drawing-board, whistling ragtime.

Johnsy lay, scarcely making a ripple under the bedclothes, with her face toward the window.

7 個已更新項目:

Sue stopped whistling, thinking she was asleep.

She arranged her board and began a pen-and-ink drawing to illustrate a magazine story. Young artists must pave their way to Art by drawing pictures for magazine stories that young authors write to pave their way to Literature.

8 個已更新項目:

As Sue was sketching a pair of elegant horseshow riding trousers and a monocle on the figure of the hero, an Idaho cowboy, she heard a low sound, several times repeated. She went quickly to the bedside.

9 個已更新項目:

Johnsy’s eyes were open wide. She was looking out the window and counting—counting backward.

“Twelve,” she said, and a little later, “eleven”; and then “ten,” and “nine”; and then “eight” and “seven,” almost together.

10 個已更新項目:

Sue looked solicitously out the window. What was there to count? There was only a bare, dreary yard to be seen, and the blank side of the brick house twenty feet away. An old, old ivy vine, gnarled and decayed at the roots, climbed half-way up the brick wall.

11 個已更新項目:

The cold breath of autumn had stricken its leaves from the vine until its skeleton branches clung, almost bare, to the crumbling bricks.

“What is it, dear?” asked Sue.

12 個已更新項目:

“Six,” said Johnsy, in almost a whisper. “They’re falling faster now. Three days ago there were almost a hundred. It made my head ache to count them. But now it’s easy. There goes another one. There are only five left now.”

“Five what, dear? Tell your Sudie.”

13 個已更新項目:

“Leaves. On the ivy vine. When the last one falls I must go too. I’ve known that for three days. Didn’t the doctor tell you?”

“Oh, I never heard of such nonsense!” complained Sue, with magnificent scorn. “What have old ivy leaves to do with your getting well?

14 個已更新項目:

And you used to love that vine so, you naughty girl. Don’t be a goosey. Why, the doctor told me this morning that your chances for getting well real soon were—let’s see exactly what he said—he said the chances were ten to one!

15 個已更新項目:

Why, that’s almost as good a chance as we have in New York when we ride on the street cars or walk past a new building. Try to take some broth now, and let Sudie go back to her drawing, so she can sell the editor man with it, and buy port wine for her sick child, and pork chops for her greedy self.”

16 個已更新項目:

“You needn’t get any more wine,” said Johnsy, keeping her eyes fixed out the window. “There goes another. No, I don’t want any broth. That leaves just four. I want to see the last one fall before it gets dark. Then I’ll go too.”

17 個已更新項目:

“Johnsy, dear,” said Sue, bending over her, “will you promise me to keep your eyes closed, and not look out the window until I am done working? I must hand these drawings in by to-morrow. I need the light, or I would draw the shade down.”

18 個已更新項目:

“Couldn’t you draw in the other room?” asked Johnsy coldly. “I’d rather be here by you,” said Sue. “Besides, I don’t want you to keep looking at those silly ivy leaves.”

19 個已更新項目:

“Tell me as soon as you have finished,” said Johnsy, closing her eyes, and lying white and still as a fallen statue, “because I want to see the last one fall. I’m tired of waiting. I’m tired of thinking.

2 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

最後一片葉子

西部的華盛頓廣場的微區街道運行瘋狂和自己破碎成小條稱為"的地方"。這些"地方"使奇怪角度和曲線。一條街與自身相交一次或兩個。一位藝術家一經發現有價值的辦法,在這條街上。假設塗料、 紙張和畫布的法案與收集器應在穿越這條路線,突然滿足自己回來了,沒有帳戶上付出一分 !

所以,到古樸的老格林威治村藝術人很快就來覓食、 尋找北 windows 和十八世紀山牆和荷蘭閣樓和低租金。進口一些錫制的杯子和火鍋或兩個來自第六大道,然後成為"殖民地"。

頂部的 squatty、 三層磚房蘇和床頭了他們的工作室。"床頭"都很熟悉的瓊安娜。一是從緬因州 ;從加州其他。他們遇見的表 d ' hôte 的第八街"德爾莫尼科的"發現他們品酒藝術,菊苣沙拉和主教袖聯合工作室造成了如此愜意。

那是在 5 月。在 11 月冷、 看不見的陌生人,誰叫肺炎,醫生稈的殖民地,感動在這裡或那裡有他冰冷的手指。在東側這個地城騎兵產量大步大膽地、 懲戒他的受害者的成績,但他的腳慢慢走過通過迷宮般的狹窄和 moss-grown"的地方。"

肺炎先生是不是你所說俠義的老紳士。蟎的血液變薄了加州 zephyrs 小女人是為紅色吝嗇、 短呼那笨蛋幾乎不公平的遊戲。但他攻打床頭 ;而下,幾乎她畫的鐵制床架、 看空旁的下一步的磚房小荷蘭玻璃窗上移動。

一天早晨,忙碌的醫生邀請蘇進門廳的鬃毛,灰色的眉毛。

2011-11-06 15:51:23 補充

"她有一次機會 — — 讓我們說,十,"他說,他在他的體溫計搖了下來水銀。"和機會是她想要的生活。這種人有承辦的側面襯砌的方法使看起來愚蠢的整個 pharmacopœia。

2011-11-06 15:52:46 補充

她不會讓她記住彌補了你的小女人好。沒有她在她的腦海裡嗎?""她 — — 她想畫那不勒斯灣的某一天,"蘇說。"漆嗎? — — 波什 !她沒有什麼值得思考兩次她心中 — — 一個男人,例如嗎?"

2011-11-06 15:53:16 補充

"漆嗎? — — 波什 !她沒有什麼值得思考兩次她心中 — — 一個男人,例如嗎?"

"一個人嗎?"她的聲音中 jews'-harp 天望地說蘇。"是一個身家 — — 但不是,醫生 ;有哪有的事。

2011-11-06 15:53:42 補充

"嗯,這是軟弱,"然後,說醫生。"我會做所有的科學,它可篩選通過我的努力,就可以完成。但每當我的病人開始計數的車廂中她出殯減法的藥物療效力量從 50%。

2011-11-06 15:54:29 補充

如果你問一個問題關於斗篷袖子在新的冬季樣式她我會答應你一中五的機會對她來說,而不是十分之一。"

2011-11-06 15:55:17 補充

醫生離去後,蘇走進工作室,哭成漿日本餐巾。然後她不可一世到床頭的房間裡帶著畫板拉格泰姆吹口哨。床頭躺著,幾乎使波紋被窩,臉朝著視窗。

2011-11-06 15:55:59 補充

蘇停下來鳴笛,思考她睡著了。她安排她的食宿,開始鋼筆劃技法來說明一個雜誌的故事。年輕的藝術家必須鋪平他們對藝術的圖畫的年輕作者寫他們鋪平文學的雜誌報導。

2011-11-06 15:56:30 補充

蘇素描優雅 horseshow 褲子和單眼騎的英雄,愛達荷州牛仔,圖一雙她聽到低的聲音,多次重複。她快速地走到床邊。

2011-11-06 15:56:53 補充

床頭的眼睛是敞開著的。她看窗外,計數 — 著數。"十二歲了,"她說,和有點晚,"十一";然後"十、"和"九";然後"八"和"7,"幾乎一起。

2011-11-06 15:57:25 補充

蘇 solicitously 看著窗外。有什麼好算?有只裸露、 悲涼有待觀察,院子和一面的磚房二十英尺遠。球狀和根部,腐爛、 非常古老的常春藤葡萄藤爬半山腰磚牆。

2011-11-06 15:58:01 補充

冷秋的呼吸了受災從藤葉直到其骨架分支機搆緊緊地依偎著,幾乎是空蕩蕩的搖搖欲墜的磚。"是什麼,親愛的呢?"問蘇。

2011-11-06 15:58:17 補充

"六"、 說床頭,幾乎耳語。"他們正在墜落速度更快。三天前有近百名。這使我頭部的疼痛,對其進行計數。但現在很容易

• 8 年前

Maybe you can check this out! It might help you~

http://tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/search/search_result...

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。