promotion image of download ymail app






Hi Gary,

Can you explain to me what is SB-1, further more, if I am going to the States (tourism and visit her families), what kind of VISA should I apply ?

Thank you so much.

2 個已更新項目:

For my status right now, maybe surrender my residency is the best way to do, cause I live with my parents right now and I do not think we will move back to the States in couple years. Can I try to apply the SB-1 when I have to go to the states, if it been denied, can I re-apply my green card again?

3 個解答

  • Gary
    Lv 7
    9 年前

    1. The baby, regardless place of birth, will be a U.S. Citizen, due to mother.

    2. It will be complicated;

    a. You will definitely need a SB-1 Visa to return.

    b. After you have returned to the U.S., you have to apply for removing your conditional residency (Conditional residency is based on your marriage, not your actual residency in the U.S.)

    c. Re-do all your residence requirement again.

    2011-11-29 01:48:24 補充:

    SB-1 is Returning Resident Visa, a kind of immigrant visa for those Permanent Resident Card has expired (or other reason when applies).

    You will need SB-1 Visa no matter what (unless you surrender your residency). Otherwise, you won't be eligible for any visa, and it will be a federal offense.

    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 9 年前



    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • s
    Lv 7
    9 年前

    1. 不必回美國, 但是要替小孩辦...這個小孩以後不能選美國總統. 因為不是在美國的領土生的.

    2. 對. 公民的配偶很快, 有要回去再辦就好了.

    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見