&feature=BFa&list=PL7439E2C6887B138D&lf=results_main

拜託英文聽力高手幫忙,謝謝大家

幫翻一開使到2分30秒

打成英文也可以 , 拜託大家了

2 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

看似只有兩分半,但字數非常多,答案容納不下。 最後一部分在補充的地方。有一個地方,我幫他補了一個 to, 他將單數主詞用複數動詞,應該是跳過一個 to。

I want to talk now about something called Ekman Transport.

An Ekman Transport is really the driving force in some sense behind the surface circulation.

It's also the driving force behind this phenomenon that I've been alluding to called upwelling.

And, in understanding Ekman Transport and really understanding just, superficially, the details of it or what it does, will better help you understand surface circulation and understand the phenomenon of upwelling, and the kinds of conditions under which we get upwelling.

So we'll go into a little bit more detail than we probably have to on Ekman Transport, but it combines things we already know about Coriolis effect, and those kind of things, and so it's an important way of understanding some of the physical mechanisms that caused some of the things that we see out in the ocean.

This idea of Ekman Transport and this idea of Ekman's really came about by a famous explorer called Fridtjof Nansen, and Nansen is one of Tommy Dickey's most favorite explorers for a couple of different reasons, in fact, Tommy loves Nansen so much he even named one of his dogs after him. So that's devotion for you.

But as it turns out, Nansen wasn't only just famous as an oceanographer and as a polar explorer, but he is also the only oceanographer -- the only oceanographer ever (to) win a Nobel Prize.

He won a Nobel Peace Prize and he didn't win it for his oceanography, so maybe that's kind of cheating that calling an oceanographer a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

But nonetheless, his extraordinary efforts during World War II to take care of immigrants and to bring people from Germany, out of Germany and other places led him to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as a result of that.

Again, an extraordinary man.

Our concern with Nansen here is an observation that he made while he was aboard his ship, the Fram.

2011-12-30 09:08:13 補充:

(補充還是放不下。放在這裡。)

The Fram is a round-bottom ship, and with its round bottom, when you're exploring the polar oceans, they are always susceptible to freezing, and when the sea ice freezes, if you have a V-shaped hull, it's going to crush you hull.

2011-12-30 09:08:34 補充:

Well, the Norwegians figured that out a long time ago, so they built their polar exploration vessels as a round-bottom hull.

So when the ocean freezes, the boat just pops up on top of the ice and just drifts with the sea ice until the sea ice melts, and the ship can sail away again.

2011-12-30 09:13:18 補充:

(訂正:第五段 kind 少打 s,應該是 kinds)

... about Coriolis effect, and those kinds of things ...

2011-12-30 09:15:40 補充:

請不要刪題。不只為了我花的時間,也希望讓版上同好及其他訓練聽力的學習者有機會對照。

• 8 年前

Great Job!!!! Lion English my dear friend. I'm so glad you did it.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。