- prisoner26535Lv 79 年前最佳解答
1. There are a lot of synonyms to these 2 words, such as rubbish, refuse, junk, waste... with different tastes (yuck!) and histories (yum!).
2. Since you only asked for trash and garbage - I will do them only below:
3. garbage is used in noun form only. It came from old French. It is originally for "the scrap parts from butchers, particularly fowls". But it has been extended into any unwanted "household parts after being used."
4. Trash is commonly used in noun, and verb (vt) forms. It came from Nordics. It is mainly used for parts after something being destroyed, such as the building materials after tearing down a house (or cut down a tree).
5. But, nowadays, these two words are almost used interchangeably.
- 9 年前