請問一個as的用法

各位大大

一、我最近看到一個英文題目如下所示

As he had grown up in the country, he was not ______ to the fast pace of the city life when he first moved to Taipei.

(A)accustomed

(B)addicted

(C)amiable

(D)ambitious

我想請問一下在這個句子中的"as"要怎麼解釋

二、另外,我知道as有很多種意思,可是我不知道要在何種情況下使用as的何種意思,所以想再請問一下as的使用方法為何

7 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

各位大大

一、我最近看到一個英文題目如下所示

As (= Because) he had grown up in the country, he was not ______ to thefast pace of the city life when he first moved to Taipei.

(A)accustomed

(B)addicted

(C)amiable

(D)ambitious

我想請問一下在這個句子中的"as"要怎麼解釋

二、另外,我知道as有很多種意思,可是我不知道要在何種情況下使用as的何種意思,所以想再請問一下as的使用方法為何 (For reference)1. 伴隨前面特定的字A. He wears the similar hat as I wear(do).B. Hewears the same hat as I wore yesterday.C. He likes such fruit as apples,pineapples, sugar apples and star apples. = He likes fruit such as apples,pineapples, sugar apples and starapples. 2.Conj.A. You will see the red building as (when) youcross the bridge.B.Reading is to the mind as food is to the body.C. I will try as hard as I can. = I will try as hard as (it is) possible.D. He is shivering as if (as though) he feelscold.3.prep.A.As a child, he lived in Japan .B. Time lies like (as) an arrow.4. adv.I like fruit, and I like beef as well (too).5.phrase A. He and I are good students. = He as well as I is a good student. = He is agood student, and I am a good student as well.Not only he but also I am a good student.B.As (So) far as I am concerned, I like English. = For mypart, I like English. = As forme, I like English. C. As for me, I did not decide where togo. (As for放句首 / 關於 ) I did not decide as to where togo. (as to 放句中 / 關於)6.expressing comparative degreeA. Heis as tall as I. (adj.)B. I can see as far as you. (adv.) 7.idiom A. He is, as it is (in fact), a good student.B. He is, as it were (so to speak), a grow-up baby.8. He worked so hard as to finish his homework soon.9.也是代名詞功能,引導前述子句作後面動詞的受詞。She got married again, as was expected. (= as weexpected.) 她已再婚, 這是意料中的事。

2012-02-02 09:16:34 補充:

a good // my part // fo rme // we expected. //

• 9 年前

想要沒壓力的從生活中學習英文,苦苦找不到地方?

學了很久的英文,不知如何開口?

就算開了口,也說不了幾句話? 或是不知道說得對不對?

語言家(http://languageplus.albin.net)有英文翻譯、英文校稿、 英文諮詢、英文家教等的服務, 更提供了一個美式的生活空間,給您一個可以自在練習說英文的地方。 誠摯的歡迎您有空來看看,或是您有任何的問題,歡迎您不吝給予指教。 也可以按下列的連結逛逛我們的官方網站,活動都會定期更新唷!

• rhody
    Lv 7
    9 年前

一次學會所有as的用法,看這裡。

• 阿昌
    Lv 7
    9 年前

由於他從小生活在該國,他沒有______的城市生活的快節奏,當他第一次搬到台北。

(一)習慣

(二)嗜

(三)可親

(四)雄心勃勃

as 跟...一樣地, 同樣地

ad. 副詞跟...一樣地, 同樣地Sam is as rich as Alexander. 山姆像亞歷山大一樣富有。如同; 例如Such animals as foxes and squirrels have bushy tails. 有些動物, 如狐和松鼠, 有蓬鬆的尾巴。 prep. 介係詞作為, 以...的身分She works as an interpreter in that company. 她在該公司裡擔任翻譯員。當作She didn't think much of him as a painter. 她對他作為一位畫家評價不高。像; 如同The old woman was dressed as a young lady. 這位老婦人打扮得像一位年輕人。 conj.像...一樣; 依照; 像You ought to do as Paul tells you. 你應按照保羅吩咐的做。The work is not so difficult as you imagine. 這工作不像你想像的那麼困難。當...時As she left the room she remembered that book. 她離開房間時想起了那本書。隨著As the sun rose the fog dispersed. 太陽一出來, 霧隨之消失。因為We didn't know what to do as we were just visiting there. 我們不知道該怎麼辦, 因為當時我們僅僅在那裡作訪問。雖然Tired as he was, he sat up late. 他雖然疲倦, 可仍然很晚才睡。 pron. 代名詞(與such, the same, as等連用, 引導關係子句)與...相同的事物(或人)He has earned as much money as I have. 他賺的錢和我賺的一樣多。She felt just the same as he did. 她和他的感受相同。There is a general rise in prices such as occurred in the late 60's. 物價普遍上漲, 跟六十年代末一樣。(引導子句, 對前述內容作補充)本情況, 該事實She has married again, as was expected. 她已再婚, 這是意料中的事。We are tired, as anyone can see. 我們累了, 這是有目共睹的。

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

If you always want to translate it into a Taiwanese "word", something got to be lost in translation. Give it up, you need to feel it. "as" means that the two clauses are somehow related.

All mapping/translations are reverse engineering in the hindsight.

• 9 年前

As 為連接詞來引導副詞子句:

As it rained, I stayed at home. (reason)

As I entered, he went out. (time)

I read the letter as i walked along the river.(time)

Do in Rome as the Romans do. (condition)

State the fact as it is.(condition)

He is as tall as I. (comparison)

Young as he is, he runs very fast. (concession)

=Though he is young, he runs very fast.

as又可以做為(準)關代:

Such a man as tells a lie is dishonest and unreliable.

This is the same bag as I lost.

He is as brave a man as ever lived.(從來沒有像他那樣勇敢的人)

as可做介系詞:

Do not treat him as a kid.

He will act as a interpreter.

參考資料: 黃宣範教授之How to increase word power 字典
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    9 年前

as在當連接詞,帶出[副詞子句]時,意思可以是[當]或[因為]或[比較]等。你要靠句子的上下文內容來決定as的意思:

As he had grown up in the country, he was not accustomed to the fast pace of the city life when he first moved to Taipei.這裡的as=因為

As I was leaving, the phone rang.這裡的as=當

The results were not as bad as I had expected.這裡的as=比較

As I was saying, we expect next year to be a good year.這裡的as=與xx相同

你查字典還可以看到更多as所形成的片語的用法。

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。