倒底,Me too. 和 Me neither. 間要不要有個逗點啊??

今天在剛買的康軒出版的Hello Darbie系列國小用英語課本裡看到的是

有逗點的 Me, neither.

但是剛才在奇摩知識裡看到有人說不用有逗點~

那到底是有沒有逗點啊???

請哪位高手指點一下吧!!

我不想教小朋友錯誤的用法~~

已更新項目:

Thank DaSaGwa for your reply. I know that now "Me neither." is more commonly used.

But my question is whether there should be a comma between "Me" and "neither"?

3 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

In a daily conversation, "Me neither" is often the best choice.

You need to know, the formal way shall be "Neither do I" or "Nor I". However, in COLLOQUIAL (or daily conversation), such a form doesn't always need to be used. The real problem is "me". Why uses "me", not "I". This has long been accepted by Spoken English. The most famous one is:

Who is there?

It is me.

The grammarian will insist that you use "It is I". However, in Spoken English, we say "it is me", or simply "me". It seems that "ME" is commonly used for EMPHASIS, especially if you speak WITHOUT using a verb.

Thus, when you are giving a ONE-word answer (to "Who's there"? or "Who made this mess") and NOT using a verb, you simply say "ME". Hence, "Me neither" (without verb!) follows the same pattern.

As far as using "neither" or "either" is concerned, I would use "neither". However, using "either" is also acceptable, because it is an abbreviation form of "not me, either".

In a word, both ways are commonly used in daily conversation. It is just that one (Me neither) is used more often than the other (Me either). One thing for sure is both expressions agree with the negative of the person they are answering. Therefore, there will be no confusion about the meaning.

This is the point of language! Maybe in a few years, "Me either" will be more common than "Me neither". After all, language is dynamic, it changes from one generation to the next.

2012-02-04 23:12:11 補充:

NO, there is NO need to have a "cooma" between "Me" and "neither", because as I have stated that the right way is "Neither do I", where "do" got omitted, and due to NO verb, so "I" got replaced with "me".

2012-02-04 23:14:34 補充:

Since we want to emphasize "me", so we place "me" in front of "neither".

2012-02-05 05:00:00 補充:

Sorry for my Chinese English! Be more careful next time !

參考資料: self
  • 9 年前

Use either "since/because" or "so".

You cannot use both.

• 9 年前

Me either. 才對哦。

neither是要放句首的。

至於逗點...嚴格來講,要放。

但是在簡答時不會放進去。

因為簡答本來就兩個字而已,你在多放個逗號就等於又把兩個字拆開來唸,

這太麻煩了,所以省略。

至於完整句的話就不能省囉。