promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

請問一題和fined for有關的題目

各位大大

我最近看到一個英文題目如下所示

Library users will be fined for returning books after the _____ date.

(A)client 

(B)due 

(C)fare 

(D)loan這一題的be fined for是被動式嗎

我連題目的看不懂耶

希望有大大可以為我解說一下如何解題

謝謝

2 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

Library users will be fined for returning books after the _due_ date.

借書過期還書會被罰款

will be fined = 會被罰款

2012-02-05 03:23:41 補充:

Melon dude,

The word "fine" does imply both good in quality and penal. THink about this:

fine -> high quality with attention to details -> small in size and slender

So, when used in verb forms:

fine -> make smaller (as in refine) -> make better -> make less $

2012-02-05 03:25:07 補充:

to make melon with no money (that evil things indeed) we need to tax (fine) him left and right.

2012-02-05 03:31:27 補充:

w.r.t. "an easy way to learn English" - do you mean there is a hard way to learn it? My cell mate, a very cute blond (also an idiot w IQ 50, on my book) - if she can do english, everyone can.

On the contrary, I want to find a hard way to con some $ out of the English suckers in CN (or TW).

2012-02-05 05:42:00 補充:

So, that is why only the "institutions" with "authorities" are able to "fine" someone who makes a "mistake" to make him "a better person" by "force him to donate" (or part) $ (what a evil thing, indeed!).

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 8 年前

It is weird that "fine" can be for both "penalize" and "nice"! No wonder, English is so difficult !

2012-02-05 01:01:00 補充:

Master 26535, while you are sitting behind bar, can you figure out a way to learn English easier ?

2012-02-05 05:04:21 補充:

Master 26535! I appreciate your explanation about fine used as "verb" and "adjective". Are you sure you don't want to write a book for it ?

2012-02-05 05:08:35 補充:

As far as "an easy way to learn English" is concerned, I just ask on behalf of those people who think learning English is hard. After all, I have just learned a new thing from you about "fine".

2012-02-05 05:09:39 補充:

it might be difficult to come up with that kind explanation (because it takes time to understand it that way), but to learn it, piece of cake!

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。