還有其他句子,

也是這種不是直接看句子翻譯,

而是背面的意思。

可以舉例嗎?謝謝!!

2 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

1.All ears => To say that you are all ears means that you are listening very attentively. 非常注意的聽 "Of course I want to know - I'm all ears!"2. All thumbs/all fingers and thumbs=> If you are all fingers and thumbs, you are awkward and clumsy and do things incorrectly.

很笨拙的

"Would you mind wrapping this for me? I'm all fingers and thumbs!"3. The apple of your eye. => If somebody is the apple of your eye, this means that you like them very much :表示你非常愛某人

"My grandson is the apple of my eye4. A bad hair day => this term has broadened to mean 'a day when everything seems to go wrong'.

表示有一個事事不順的一天

"What's wrong with Jenny? Is she having a bad hair day?"5. In the bag => If you think something is in the bag, you are almost certain it will be achieved.

表示你對事情有十足把握

"An hour before the polling stations closed, victory seemed in the bag for the Conservative candidate."6. Have a ball => If you have a ball, you enjoy yourself.

表示你對有個歡樂時光

"The party was great. We had a ball."7. Bar fly => A bar fly refers to someone who spends a lot of time drinking in bars and pubs.

花很多時間在bars and pubs的人

"You'll find Johnny down at the pub - he's a real bar fly!"8. It beats me! This expression is used to express surprise at something that you find difficult to understand,

表示被難倒而驚訝

"It beats me how he can live in that horrible apartment!"9. Ring a bell. => If something rings a bell, it is vaguely familiar to you, but you can't remember the exact details .

對某是有模糊印象

"John Bentley? The name rings a bell but I don't remember him."10. Behind bars => Someone who is behind bars is in prison.

某人被關就這樣說

"If you hang around with that gang, you'll find yourself behind bars in no time."

11.Black out If you black out, you lose consciousness.族繁不及記載請詳讀

圖片參考:http://imgcld.yimg.com/8/n/AD04650293/o/1012021905...

• 8 年前

At sixes and sevens

亂七八糟

At one

意見一致

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。