Mon 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

as soon as子句的時態

最近看到一個句子

I will go to the convention center as soon as I have checked in to the hotel.

我的問題有兩個

1.主要子句是未來式,附屬子句 是現在完成式,這跟as soon as 慣用有關係嗎?

S+will+O as soon as S+ have+P.P...

可是我看見很多句子 as soon as 前後的子句的時態是一致的

另外

as soon as後面的句子一定要have+p.p嗎? 不能用過去式嗎?

像是:I will.... as soon as I checked...

兩句的差異很大嗎?

因為我有看過這樣的句子:You'll never guess what happened as soon as I left my room.

2.例句中的 as soon as能不能用as 或since替代

a.as(當...時..)像是I will...as I have checked...(as不是有 當...時,不就可以解釋成當我跟飯店辦理好入房手續時,我會去會議室)

b.since(既然):I will....since I have checked...(既然我已經辦好了入房手續,我會去會議室)

請幫幫我吧,我快被文法搞瘋了:)

謝謝

已更新項目:

關於呆子先生講的

"然而as soon as 所引導時間附屬子句,will需省略"

可以請您再多讓我了解一些嗎?

因為您下面舉出的文法例子我有聽過。可事關於as soon as所引導的時間附屬子句,will需省略?

謝謝。

6 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

"as soon as" means "when, just after". Therefore, as far as using the tense is concerned, you shall base upon the events that are stated in the sentence. You shall NOT use it like apply a formula.

For examples:

Please call me as soon as dinner is ready.

In this sentence, since these events happens very close to each other, both using the same tense will do the job.

As soon as the sun goes down, the temperature drops dramatically.

In this sentence, both events can have a time difference, so you can use the same tense to indicate the temperature drop very quickly (here it use dramatically to indicate the fast action). You can also use two different tenses as:

As soon as the sun has gone down, the temperature drops slowly.

I replaced "dramatically" with "slowly" to indicate the time difference.

Now, back to your sentence:

In this sentence, it tries to give reader a sense of order how the events happen. That is to say, the "check into the hotel" and "go to the center", they don't happen right after each other IMMEDIATELY. Of course, you can say:

I will go to the convention center as soon as I check into the hotel.

This way it indicates that he goes there right away.

as far as using "when" and "since" is concerned, it is NOT as suitable as using "as soon as". However, you can use "after" or "before" as follow:

I will go to the convention center after I check into the hotel.

Before I go to the convention center, I check into the hotel.

In a word, you shall NOT seek a bullet proof formula (or grammar rule) to use "as soon as". Instead you shall base upon the meaning of the sentence to choose proper tenses for it.

2012-02-22 22:43:56 補充:

I am sorry, I thought you ask "when", instead of "as".

In my opinion, using "as" or "when", the two events shall happen AT THE SAME TIME. However, in the sentence you ask, it is IMPOSSIBLE.

2012-02-22 22:44:44 補充:

Unless the hotel is in the convention center (or he is superman), otherwise, he can NOT do that.

2012-02-22 22:45:20 補充:

As far as "since" is concerned, it doesn't fit the meaning of the sentence.

2012-02-28 22:46:13 補充:

呆子 ! Based upon your saying, let me ask you a question, what if I place my time reference point between this two events? Do you still need to use "future tense"? Please don't overkill with grammar !!!

2012-02-28 22:48:17 補充:

by placing a time reference point between these two events will make one event as a future situation and the other as a past situation. I hope you got my point !

2012-02-28 22:51:32 補充:

your saying is to place the time reference point before these two events, so you use "future tense". Based upon my saying of time reference point, HOW do you know the speaker (in that sentence) makes his statement:

2012-02-28 22:52:50 補充:

(1)between the two events, or

(2)before the two events

2012-02-28 22:55:37 補充:

If you can apply your saying to every situation, then explain this question for me:

As soon as the sun has gone down, the temperature drops slowly.

Will you replace "drops" with "will drop". If so, then tell me what do you mean "will drop slowly"

2012-02-28 22:56:08 補充:

It sounds like you have the natural POWER to control the temperature !!!

2012-02-28 22:58:10 補充:

I admire that you have studied grammar very well, and are able to use it very skillfully, but to people who is not so good with grammar, your saying can ONLY confuse them even more, because you didn't give them an overall picture, but just a scenario for a particular case.

2012-02-29 14:32:18 補充:

It is strictly opinion exchange, no bad feeling!

參考資料: self
  • 9 年前

謝謝DaSaGwa的費心回答。

對於"呆子"先生的回應,我希望不要造成彼此的不愉悅。

只是說真的,我對於"呆子"先生的回答有點被搞糊塗了。

• 呆子
    Lv 7
    9 年前

還原本句:

I will go to the convention center as soon as I (will) have checked in to the hotel.然而as soon as 所引導時間附屬子句,will需省略

例如:

1.以現在式代替未來式:

The train leaves at 8 a.m. 雖然現在早上6點,但確定8點要開

2.未來完成式運用〈在未來某時點或事件前完成動作〉

By next weekend,I will have received my promotion.

分析句構:將舉例1.2 結合

I will go to the convention center (未來參考事件)as soon as I have checked in to the hotel. (在未來參考事件前完成動作)-------------

主要子句是談未來事件時,提供時間點的(副詞子句)通常是用[現在簡單式]或[]。

2012-02-28 17:05:08 補充:

主要子句是談未來事件時,提供時間點的(副詞子句)通常是用[現在簡單式]或[]。誤植請刪除 。

2012-02-28 23:48:52 補充:

1.英文時態有一個特性,你已知道發生事件先後順序有二種方式表達,都正確。只是要突顯出其順序就要區別。

例如:

We (had) visited her Thailand relatives once in 1995 before she moved in with them in 1997.其中(had)加不加均可

2.所以 I will go to the convention center as soon as I check in to the hotel.(O)----

2012-02-28 23:56:25 補充:

2.而完成式是在當時的時點之前完成,若以現在完成式表示,在本句中間會有時差出現,為符邏輯,所以判定其為(will) have checked 之省略。當然可接受公評。----

• 阿昌
    Lv 7
    9 年前

我會盡快正如我在檢查酒店的會議中心。

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

Dude,

Forget about "studying grammars" and start enjoying all fun and beautiful literature.

• Louis
    Lv 7
    9 年前

主要子句是談未來事件時,提供時間點的附屬子句(副詞子句)通常是用[現在簡單式]或[現在完成式],不可用[未來式]。

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。