Rita66 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

請高手們釋疑(看不懂句子結構),多謝!

Identity work is a process shaped by loops of action and feedback. For example, a person asserts leadership in an area, feedback affirms or disaffirms those actions, which builds or reduces confidence, in turn encouraging or discouraging further actions. "Through this back-and-forth, the would-be leader accumulates experiences that inform his or her sense of self as a leader, as well as feedback about his or her fit for taking up the leader role," according to the paper.

請問反黃的部份中文翻譯為何? 我問過其他人,回覆說這是對仗的句子, feedback做動詞用,我還是一頭霧水。affirm不也是動詞嗎? 怎麼會連用二個動詞? 請各位高手解答我的疑感,多謝!

已更新項目:

謝謝各位高手熱心回覆。尤其是DaSaGwa特別詳細的回覆,感恩!

5 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

To translate:

例如說,一個人在一個區域確立他領導的地位。回饋的信息確認或否認他的行動, 因而增加或減少他的自信心,也因此鼓舞或打消他未來的行動 (typing done by my son)

For the questioned portion of the paragraph, in my opinion, I think it is better to write it as:

For example, a person asserts leadership in an area. Feedback affirms or disaffirms those actions, which builds or reduces confidence, in turn encouraging or discouraging further actions.

It means, I break it into TWO sentence, so you will NOT be confused with so many verbs. As you can see from the first sentence has "asserts" as the main verb. The second sentence has "affirms" or "disaffirmed" as main verb.

"which builds or reduces confidence" is a relation clause (關係子句) uses to describe "feedback".

"encouraging or discouraging further actions" is a gerundive phrase(動名詞片語) uses as an adjective to describe "confidence".

2012-03-29 14:16:15 補充:

If I write the sentence as "We found John (who was) swimming in the pool at seven last night.". Here "John" is referred as the the person "who was swimming" , not just any "John", so there is NO ",".

2012-03-29 14:19:21 補充:

However, in your original question, confidence does NOT always "encourage or discourage someone action". In fact, "confidence" can affect many other things, therefore, you use "," to indicate "not restricted".

2012-03-29 14:21:57 補充:

therefore with "," is NOT restricted; without "," is restricted. "restricted" means "without that description, it can get confused", "not restricted" means "without that description, it will NOT get confused".

2012-03-29 14:34:44 補充:

"get confused" including "meaning will NOT be lost".

參考資料: self
  • 阿昌
    Lv 7
    9 年前

例如,一個人聲稱在一個地區的領導,反饋確認或這些行動,建立或減少的信心,從而鼓勵或不鼓勵採取進一步行動。

feedback反饋不是動詞

affirm肯定

• 9 年前

"feedback做動詞用,我還是一頭霧水。affirm不也是動詞嗎? "

不是,該文中寫到的每一個feedback皆為Noun

^ -^

• 9 年前

感謝您的回覆,經過您的解釋的確幫我了解了句子的意思

想再請教一下:

We found John swimming in the pool at seven last night.

以上述句子,swimming與John並沒有用逗號分開

但in turn encouraging or discouraging further actions.與confidence卻用逗號隔開。

有隔開跟沒隔開意義有何不同嗎?

再請您撥空回應一下,感謝!

2012-03-29 14:46:08 補充:

所以是有沒有限定的問題,了解!

多謝!

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

feedback在此不是動詞是名詞

翻譯如下:

舉例而言,當一個人宣稱他在某個領域有影響力時,別人確認或否定他這個行為的回饋作用會強化或減弱他的自信,進而鼓勵他進一步的行為或使他氣餒.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。