popo 發問時間: 教育與參考出國留學 · 9 年前

請問應該申請何種美簽?

我持觀光簽證入境美國,停留半年後離境

在美期間與先生(U.S. citizen)在完成公證結婚

預計在臺灣停留到農曆年後才回美國跟老公團聚,並長時間居住於美國,回美後需要申請綠卡及工作簽證

但我的美簽在今年四月就過期了,要再次入境必須重新申請。

請問,

是否該再次申請B-1/B-2簽證?

但就我認知,這是“非移民”簽證。但先生的舅舅提醒,在我回臺後儘快去申請觀光簽證,千萬別讓AIT知道我個人已經與U.S. citizen結婚的訊息,以免被要求申請到綠卡後再入境美國等。

想知道是否有人有相關經驗可以分享。

另外,我先生16歲時移民美國,在2008年因為母親過世,在台停留並辦理遺產登記,導致他的臺灣護照上被蓋了“未服兵役”的印戳,且確定其綠卡及臺灣護照兩者間的身分是同一人。

請問,

他下次入境臺灣時,是否會可能收到兵役通知,而無法再次出境?

非常感謝!

2 個解答

評分
  • Gary
    Lv 7
    9 年前
    最佳解答

It is up to you what you want to apply.

If you apply CR-1 in Taiwan, although it takes time (about 6 months to 1 year), it can guarantee that you won't face any major issue next time you enter the U.S.

But for B1/B2 Travel Visa, you will have to bear the risk for visa denial and denied entry.

It is recommended that your husband does not return to Taiwan for now, unless there is a solution to resolve the obligation.

2012-04-24 16:01:20 補充:

JJ - I got the answer for you.

B1/B2 Travel Visa for I-485 is in fact illegal.

2012-04-24 16:03:07 補充:

Under INA 214(b):

"Every alien (...) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer...and the immigration officers...that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)."

2012-04-24 16:05:17 補充:

Or INA 212(a)(6)(C)(i):

"In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible."

2012-04-24 16:06:41 補充:

So in theory, based on the law above, anyone who intend to file I-485 while using B1/B2 Travel Visa is inadmissible and deportable.

All future visa can be denied due to such reasons.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    9 年前

妳不想分隔兩地等CR-1

只要台灣尚未登記結婚入戶籍

可申請B1/B2

不入戶籍

AIT如何得知妳已婚?

下次入境用美國護照

30日落地簽

被查到機率不大

2012-04-24 13:30:45 補充: