My car engine oil looks white & Milky!?

I have noticed for a few weeks now that my engine oil stick has oil that looks very white and milky! And because the car has no indication of overheating as well as any other sort of problem, I doubt I have a blown gasket, so I decided to just have the oil changed. I bought the car from someone that said he took good care of it, and I didn't see no oil leak or anything when I went checked it out. But I just somehow forgot to check the oil stick?!!

Anyway, the oil looks fine when I jack the car up and let go the old oil, it isn't like super dirty or anything. And after putting in new oil and drove it for awhile, the oil stick still has milky/ gooey oil gum all over. What could this be? Is it because the winter? This has never happened before in my other cars.

This one is a 95 VOLVO 850!

9 個解答

最相關
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

bad intake gasket, head gasket, or a cracked head possibly.

• 匿名使用者
    9 年前

Clean your engine breather pipes.What you have is emulsification and is common with engines that have done high mileage.Water is a by product of combustion and it is from the breathing side of the engine, via fumes being recycled back into the engine from the emission control system that you have the milky deposits.If the car isn't using oil or water you have nothing to worry about

• 9 年前

You have TWO small problems goiong on here. THe previous owner, and bad advice. Your VOlvo engine requires ONLY synthetic engine oil with European specifications and proper numbers on it. Your REAL prroblem is a cloggedup "flame trap" which is the replacement for a PCV vavle on Volvo engines. It is UNDER the intake manifold, so the manifold must be removed for replacement or cleaning. Many Volvo dealerhips were using Valvoline because they got deals on rack servicing, but the TURTH is that Valvoline is NOT good for turbo engines since it is WAX based and refined oil. ONLY synthetic oil like Mobil One 0W-40, Lubro-Moly, Pentosin, and a few others with the Volvo or even the VW/Audi specification numbers on the label should be used. Once you have cleaned up your FLAME TRAP, your engine can internally BREATH, and vapors will not stay clogging up things and the milky residue will vanish. Get a THOROUGH motor flushing to remove any random deposits, and clean your throttle body and IDLE AIR CONTROL valve to insure proper air/fuel mixture. POWER WASH yoru engine to allow enggine to breath and cool better. Power wash the space between the radiator and the A/C condenser where leaves paper, seedlings and bug bodies have collected. GOOD LUCK!!

• 9 年前

If this is a turbo car they sometimes get a lil milky junk in the dipstick tube because of the turbo pressure and condensation. And also if you are only making a lot of short trips. If you are not having any other problems (like overheating) and your oil is draining clean I would not worry about it. Clean the dipstick tube with a pipe cleaner or something similar. If you are really worried though a shop can test for exhaust gas in the radiator and pressure test the coolant system.

It doesn't have a valve but it is still a crankcase ventilation system

參考資料: I have a 97 850GLT and it does it too sometimes. I noticed it 15000 miles ago and I am not having any trouble
  • 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

when you jack the car up, has it been sitting a long time? If there's coolant in it, then that will come out first. Oil sits on top. Still have the old oil? Is there coolant on the bottom? Next time you change the oil run the engine a few minutes before you drain it and see if it's milky

• 匿名使用者
    9 年前

Sound like you have either a cracked block or a damaged head. The milky look is from gas getting into the oil. Smell the oil if it smells like gasoline you have major problems.

Good luck. I have had that problem before and usually it is just cheaper to get a new car.

• 匿名使用者
    6 年前

Time to change your engine oil partner

• 9 年前

From your coolant .... Cracked head or head gasket. Check to see if you have a leak and if you do order this stuff and it'll fix it. my bro did it on his 96 eclipse GS and it worked like a charm!

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Devil-Head-Gasket-Seala...

• 5 年前

My car coolant level is getting down again n again

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。