Godfather 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

medical,medicinal的差別

如題!

試回答兩個單字用法或意義或文法的不同,千萬別回答拼法不同!

1 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

The difference in meaning between “medicinal” and “medical” is slight, although their use is not synonymous. The main difference in their use, in my opinion, is that “medical” denotes inclusion (“devoted to…”) in the practice of medicine, which is not necessarily the case with “medicinal.”

For example, “medicinal herbs,” which is a much more common compound than “medical herbs.” Though used to cure disease and relieve pain, herbs are not typically a part of traditional Western medicine. They are medicinal but not medical. I sense that this is the slight difference that distinguishes “medical” from “medicinal.”

Another way to make difference between them:

Medical relates to the practice of medicine. It's a very broad term, and serves as an adjective for most things related to medicine.

Medicinal is used strictly for medicines. That is, pills, potions, drugs, tablets, capsules, syrups, herbs, local applications. Anything with bio-active properties can be called medicinal if it makes you better when you swallow it, inject it, or rub it on your skin, etc.

參考資料: internet and me
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。