fly 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

這句英文是甚麼意思?It is now well estab

It is now well established that lawyer advertising is commercial speech and, as such, is accorded a measure of First Amendment protection.

請問這句英文是甚麼意思?

問題尤其在a measure of First Amendment protection.

謝謝

2 個解答

評分
  • James
    Lv 5
    8 年前
    最佳解答

It is now well established that lawyer advertising is commercial speech and, as such, is accorded a measure of First Amendment protection.

律師廣告已經廣被接受為商業言論而且(身為商業言論)是有(得到)一些美國憲法第一修正案保護的well established = well known, well founded 眾所周知

a measure of = some amount of, a limited amount of 有些a measure of 不等於an explicit provision of the First Amendment (of the US Constitution) protection, 如果是的話, 原句就成了:

It is now well established that lawyer advertising is commercial speech and, as such, is accorded an explicit provision of the First Amendment protection. 這句英文文法是不通的.實際上也不對. Allow me to explain:Commercial speech is not accorded the full protection of the First Amendment. Political speech is. Even so, there is no “explicit provision” for protecting political speech. The full text of the First Amendment is as follows:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.The constitutional amendment only prohibits the government from making laws that curtail citizens’ freedom of speech. There are no explicit provisions as to what kind of speech is protected and to what extent. To understand this, one has to read the Supreme Court’s adjudications over the years.I borrowed a big chunk of Prisoner’s translation because I liked it. I hope it is ok with her. :)

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • 8 年前

It is now well establishedthat lawyer advertising is commercial speech and, as such, is accorded a measure of First Amendment protection.律師廣告已經廣被接受為商業言論而且(身為商業言論)是有美國憲法第一修正案明文保護的is now well established = bewell understood and accepted

a measure of First Amendment protection = an explicit provision of the First Amendment (of the US Constitution) protection

• 登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。