Gotta love OTC codeine. 是什麼意思????

3 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

Gotta love OTC codeine.

= you will love this 'over the counter' codeine.

Codeine is a medication used as decongestant to inhibit coughing.

OTC = over the counter, meaning that you can buy it without prescription.

A few hot dudes make meth out of it and dreaming their lives away.

Cool stuff indeed!

2012-09-12 22:04:45 補充:

Well, I tried but did not inhale. Of course, I did not like it for it makes me cough.

And I never FAKEd it.

• James
    Lv 5
    8 年前

Do you mind if I borrow some of your ideas Prinsoner? I hate breaking up my answer in little pieces in the opinion section.You will love this 'over the counter' codeine.

You have to love this over-the-counter codeine.Even though codeine is a morphine-like narcotic, it exists in small quantities in some over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. As we know, morphine is a controlled medicine and is available only with a prescription, so perhaps some crackhead might love the idea of being able to purchase a narcotic like codeine over the counter.Codeine is mainly used to relieve pain. As an opiate, it binds with the opioid receptors in the brain, increasing a person’s tolerance to pain. Besides this analgesic property, it is also antitussive, i.e. it has the ability to suppress the urge to cough. For this reason, it is used in some cough medications. But it is not a decongestant.A decongestant works by causing the blood vessels to constrict, resulting in reduced inflammation (swelling) and mucus production. Hence, a person feels better as there is less congestion and mucus in the nose. The pharmacology of a decongestant is very different from that of codeine.By the way, Taiwanese nurses pronounce the word ko-DAY-EEN. I told them to say KOE-deen and they looked at me like I was crazy. :)

Were they influenced by the Japanese-speaking doctors? Does anyone know?

• 8 年前

Princess, Stop all that nonsense about faking the cough, I know what you're doing.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。