ego 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

可否幫我翻譯兩句水電師傅說的話?(英翻中)

可否幫我翻譯兩句水電師傅說的話?

Plumber A: I need to change a washer to stop the water leak!

Plumber B: The seat is chipped, so it leaks water.

以上是兩位水電師傅分別在不同時間、不同場合說的話。

謝謝!

已更新項目:

所以說,水電師傅B的意思是說,要把整個(座)水龍頭都換掉囉?

3 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

I cannot type Chinese, so let me use English to explain to you what washer and seat are !

The two statements made by plumber are related to a type of faucet. By design, there are 4 popular designs used by manufacturers, they are:

(1)compression-type,

(2)ball valve-type,

(3)disc-type and

(4)cartridge-type.

Of these, only the first has removable valve seats. Since you ask about the first type. I will only focus on this type of faucet. Generally speaking, this type of faucet has two handles (one for hot, the other for cold). Inside the handle, there is a stem. As you turn the handle to open and close the water flow, at the end of the stem, there is a washer that will press against or away the seat. Typically seat looks like:

圖片參考:http://imgcld.yimg.com/8/n/AB07899828/o/1012101005...

The one on the left is right-side up. As you can see if the rim chipped, then even washer press against it, water still can pass through the chipped area and flow out of the faucet. Washer looks like

圖片參考:http://imgcld.yimg.com/8/n/AB07899828/o/1012101005...

Therefore, to change washer and seat means to change these two parts in a compression-type faucet. There is NO need to replace the entire faucet.

Hopefully, you can understand ALL English explanation!

2012-10-12 11:03:56 補充:

By the way, generally, the seat is made from brass, so as you use it will become brittle and chipped. To replace it, you need a special tool to go through the hole and unscrew it. There are to type of hole: square and hexagon.

2012-10-12 11:04:54 補充:

typo!

There are to types of hole: ===> There are two types of holes:

2012-10-12 12:32:10 補充:

Also, the water flows from bottom to top (refer to the seat that is right side up) then to the spout and into the sink or tub.

參考資料: self
  • 8 年前

washer(墊片)與seat(底座)合在一起形成封閉才不會漏水,如果seat沒有chipped(破了一角)的話,只要換washer就可以,花小錢,但如果seat已經chipped的話整個水龍頭就得換掉,因為seat是與整個水龍頭是一起的.

• 呆子
    Lv 7
    8 年前

Plumber A: I need to change a washer to stop the water leak!

水電師傅A: 我需更換墊片以止漏

Plumber B: The seat is chipped, so it leaks water.

水電師傅B:這底座已有缺口所以會漏水--------

2012-10-10 23:36:33 補充:

水龍頭底座(faucet seat)一般為橡膠製品,將舊底座連同搭配彈簧一起更換--------

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。