promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
NG
Lv 7
NG 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 7 年前

最高級文法的問題

Of all the books here, this one is the most interesting.Of all the Christmas toys the boy saw in the window, the thing he wanted most was a new bicycle. 關於最高級的格式,我通常在文法書中看到第一句,第二句是在做題目時看到,Most前面要不要+the,與前面的動詞有關係嗎?

已更新項目:

第二句,本來是一個題目,

解析是說,most為三者以上的比較,因此我感到疑惑。

來源:賴世雄文法-A65-P.353-第23題

5 個解答

評分
  • 7 年前
    最佳解答

Your saying about "superlative" (最高級) is correct, like the first sentence in your question.

However, "most" can also be used as an "adverb". In this case, there is NO need to add "the" in front of it. For example:

Warren Buffett donates money most generously.

It is really most fortunate.

The "most" in your second sentence is an adverb. If you want to translate "want most", it can be translated as "最想要".

2012-12-01 14:09:43 補充:

If "most" is a pronoun, then what does it represents for, "toys" or "new bike"? Try to replace "most" with "toys" or "new bike" and see whether it makes sense !

2012-12-01 14:52:06 補充:

superlative can ONLY be used for 3 or more comparison. If it is less than 3, then you use comparative.

2012-12-01 14:54:22 補充:

That saying is ONLY for the first sentence you have. The second sentence, "most" is NOT an adjective, but an "adverb".

2012-12-01 14:56:17 補充:

The use of "most" in the second sentence is like using "best" in the following sentences:

I think Friday would suit me best.

My father know best what is good for me.

2012-12-01 14:59:11 補充:

Again, "best" is an adverb superlative for "well" (as an adverb).

Of course, "best" can also be used as an adjective, then it will need "the", for example:

He is the best student in the class

2012-12-01 15:00:58 補充:

The best thing for you would be to forget it.

The best tourist spot in Taiwan is Ali San (Ali mountain).

2012-12-01 22:36:24 補充:

NO, for the second sentence, it is ONLY used as an "adverb". Master Louis has explained nicely about "most" used as "pronoun". His example sentence is an excellent one.

參考資料: self
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 7 年前

所以到底第二個句子是代名詞還是副詞??兩位回答都不一樣~~~

• Louis
    Lv 7
    7 年前

most當副詞,在屬性[限定]用法之形容詞之前通常加上the,在副詞或敘述用法之形容詞前多不加上the。你的第一句屬前者,第二句屬後者。請參閱<遠東新世紀英漢辭典>p.900 most當副詞的說明2

2012-12-01 15:08:20 補充:

This is the most interesting book.(interesting是限定用法的形容詞,加上the most表示最高級,不可省去the)

A new bicycle was what he wanted (the) most. (most是用來修飾動詞wanted的修飾語,前面的the可以省略,也可以保留)

2012-12-01 15:13:17 補充:

A new bicycle was a Christmas toy which he wanted (the) most.

most在此是當副詞,表示wanted的程度到了最高點。

The boy was not interested in most of those Christmas toys, except the new bicycle.

這裡的most才是代名詞。

• NG
    Lv 7
    7 年前

第二句,本來是一個題目,

解析是說,most為三者以上的比較,因此我感到疑惑。

來源:賴世雄文法-A65-P.353-第23題

2012-12-01 14:57:57 補充:

所以第二句,跟"比較"沒有關聯摟

2012-12-01 15:41:56 補充:

The boy was not interested in most of those Christmas toys, except the new bicycle.

這裡的most才是代名詞。

這個most代替哪一個名詞? 是new bicycle嗎?還是toys?

2012-12-01 15:42:22 補充:

most 當副詞跟形容詞的部分我有點理解了

2012-12-01 15:43:32 補充:

我問的第二句,most是可以當代名詞,又能當副詞?

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 呆子
    Lv 7
    7 年前

1.Of all the Christmas toys the boy saw in the window, the thing he wanted most was a new bicycle.其中Most為代名詞指前述Christmas toys ,既然是代名詞就不能加the,沒有看過the I-----用法

2.還原本句:Of all the Christmas toys the boy saw in the window, the thing that he wanted the Christmas toys was a new bicycle.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。