Tsai 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

請教with的用法

請問這段文字有沒有錯(在醫院病歷上看到的)

This 76 year-old female with a history of coronary disease and hypertension had an insidious onset of intermittent ,dull epigastric pain without radiation one week ago.

我認為介系詞片語with a history of ....應該修飾非特定主詞,在這裡female以經被This 76 year-old 特定了

是否應該寫成

#1. This 76 year-old female, with a history of coronary disease and hypertension, had an insidious onset of intermittent ,dull epigastric pain one week ago.但是還是覺得奇怪

#2. This 76 year-old female has a history of coronary disease and hypertension, and she had an insidious onset of intermittent ,dull epigastric pain one week ago.

#3. Ms.Wang, a 76 year-old female with a history of coronary disease and hypertension, had an insidious onset of intermittent ,dull epigastric pain one week ago.

個人認為#3 比較好

不知那位高手可以不吝賜教

令外在醫院電梯裡看到一個標語

" Protect Patient Privacy. Keep Privacy in Public Areas" 它的原意是要大家不要在公共場合談論病人隱私,可是"Keep Privacy in Public Areas"不是反要把隱司留在公共場合嗎?是否應該寫成

"Protect Patient Privacy. Keep Privacy Private in Public Places."

請不吝賜教

已更新項目:

$1.It is common to mention the patient's name in chart recording.

$2. When we'd like to advice others not to talk over the personal information, how do we express it in English?

3 個解答

評分
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    8 年前
    最佳解答

1. This 76 year-old female with a history of coronary disease and hypertension ...同齡的七十六歲老婦應該不只一個人,所以再用this和with xxx加以限定是合理的。female只是普通名詞。在王女士的病歷上,通常不需要再加上王女士(專有名詞),因為病史一定是她的。

2.標語應以簡明扼要為原則。Protect Patient's Privacy.應該符合這個原則。

• 8 年前

I agree with master Princess' saying!

"Keep privacy" means "hide the privacy", hence, there is NO need to add "private".

• 8 年前

#3 has too much private info (name).

#0 is still the best.

" Protect Patient Privacy" is good and sufficient.

"Keep Privacy in Public Areas" is bad and verbose.

2013-02-02 09:45:55 補充:

$1.It is common to mention the patient's name in chart recording.

I don't think so in US.

2013-02-02 09:48:56 補充:

$2. When we'd like to advice others not to talk over the personal information, how do we express it in English?

I would say:

"to protect our patients' privacy, please avoid personal issue discussion in public."

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。