匿名使用者 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 7 年前

請幫我回答以下的英文問題(用英文回答)

How to protect our language?

3 個解答

評分
  • 7 年前
    最佳解答

Dear poster:

If what you mean is to protect our language from cultural aggression, then, here is my answer:

In order to protect our national language from cultural aggression, we can take one or all of the following measures:

1.Stop giving foreign language lessons in the compulsory education system.

2.Prohibit students from using any language other than our national language on campus.

3.Set up language schools overseas to give foreigners free lessons on our national language.

4.Ban all TV programs that don’t use our national language.

5.Ban all newspapers and magazines that don’t use our national language.

6.Restrict the visit of foreigners.

7.Prohibit citizens from using foreign languages openly.

2013-04-14 16:20:57 補充:

prisoner26535大大:

版大的意思應該是避免濫用太多的abbreviation、多用正式的語言來溝通。我之所以知道,係因為版大在我回答之後私下寫信來問我幾個進一步的小問題。不過因為既然是私函,我就不方便公開了。

謝謝您的comment。它讓我感覺到,您是一個能夠進行critical thinking的人,同時也鼓勵我在回答問題時,如此思考。總之,能在此遇見您,讓我覺得很榮幸。

2013-04-15 01:32:46 補充:

prisoner26535大大:

哇,您真是個非常有想法、有自信、又博學的人。

FYI, 您知道嗎,當我在讀小學的時候(在台灣),我們在學校裡是「不准說方言」的呢。所謂的方言,就是除了Mandarin (國語)以外的語言。當然,那是在戒嚴時期啦。就是這樣的成長背景,讓我寫出了回答欄裡的文字。不過,這可不是我個人的意思哦。我只不過是順應題目而寫的罷了。

Nice to meet you. Have a nice weekend.

2013-04-15 17:31:25 補充:

How can an intelligent princess be poor?

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 7 年前

To protect your language from what?

2013-04-15 00:23:00 補充:

To Totebag,

Thanks for the compliment. I never realize that one simple question is able to provoke such deep thoughts. Read on and I will disappoint you further.

2013-04-15 00:30:48 補充:

1. "Survival of the fittest" applies not only to the natural beings but also artificial creations, human languages and computer languages included. When a language gains its popularity, there must be some strengths in it.

2013-04-15 00:34:44 補充:

On the other hand, if a language fades away, there must be some weaknesses in it as well. Banning a (popular) language from being used and promoting a (dying) language without addressing the underlying strengths/weaknesses will most likely fail.

2013-04-15 00:42:38 補充:

2. Who is the one making a language more/less popular? It is you, the people. Why do you prefer one particular language to the others? Other than the reason of mother tongue, probably it is because the language fits your need.

2013-04-15 00:45:40 補充:

So, for perpetual survival, a language must be adaptive, especially to new concepts, new technologies.

2013-04-15 00:58:06 補充:

3. Why does a language need "protections"? To me, it is an oxymoron that a natural language needs "protection". Just like living beings, languages interact with one another and learn from each others.

2013-04-15 00:58:28 補充:

Just like the gene of Neanderthal exists in our bodies, EN has learned many features from other languages.

2013-04-15 01:03:39 補充:

4. Probably a better question is "How do we make our language more useful?" To whom and for what? Unfortunately, he who asked the original poster's question is most likely a conservative who wants the language remain intact (if not backward 2000 years).

2013-04-15 01:09:50 補充:

The pipe dream he has is for every single human being in this world to recognize the greatness of his culture and come to him to beg for permission to learn his language. I wish too. But his conservatism actually expedite the death of his language.

2013-04-15 01:23:07 補充:

He fail to understand that for a language to survive, it needs rich set of mechanisms and extensions for speedy adaption to new concepts and new technologies.

2013-04-15 10:58:02 補充:

有想法、有自信、又博學的人?

Can I have $20 from you instead? Count it as an investment on a poor, yet bright princess, okay?

2013-04-16 07:38:54 補充:

I think the answer by ToteBag was stereotypical and taylored to what high school level teachers want to hear. Independent thinkers should avoid making arguments that way.

Are you a college kid? If so, you need to make your own arguments...

• 7 年前

By improving our education and use it more often.

這是本人的淺見,這是個困難的問題ㄝ...

參考資料: 自己
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。