Gold Moon 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

20點~急,請問以下幾個英文句子是否為形容詞片語的句子.

請問以下幾個英文句子是否為形容詞片語的句子.

例:1. But it was a project to provide a recreational area for people (who live on the East Coast.) … for people (living on the East Coast.)

括弧處為形容詞子句縮減為現在分詞片語,皆是形容people.

以下五個是我自己找的 不知道我這樣是對的嗎?

1.Well, the prices aren’t too high, but I saw so many things (that said: “Made in Taiwan.”)

(that said: “Made in Taiwan.”)弧處為形容詞子句縮減為過去分詞片語,皆是形容 many things.

2.I saw it on the labels in many of the clothes (I looked at).

(I looked at)弧處為形容詞子句縮減為過去分詞片語,皆是形容 the clothes.

3.But why did they want to sell a bike (that was almost new)?

(was almost new)弧處為形容詞子句縮減為過去分詞片語,皆是形容 a bike.4.The bike belonged to a student (who had finished school here and she was going back to her country.)

had finished school here and she was going back to her country.)弧處為形容詞子句縮減為過去分詞片語,皆是形容 a student.5.They might have toys or video games (they are tired of playing), so they will sell their old ones and use the money to buy new ones.

(they are tired of playing)弧處為形容詞子句縮減為現在分詞片語,皆是形容toys or video games.

2 個解答

評分
  • 8 年前
    最佳解答

participle (grammar) (in English) is a word formed from a verb, ending in --ing (=the present participle) or --ed, --en, etc. (=the past participle).

You're going to change the present participle or the past participle phrases ending in --ing OR --ed, --en;

(A1)said changes to be changes to being said changes to being printed

=---having printed "Made in Taiwan."(participle phrase)

(A2)looked changes to being changes to having been

=---having been OR being looked at. (participle phrase)

(A3)was changes to been changes to being

=that was=being. (participle phrase)

(A4)had finished changes to have changes to having finished, going back to HER (female gender) country

=two participle phrases for SHE= HER.(Of course describing a student SHE=HER= a student.)

(A5)are tired changes to BE changes to being tired of playing

=(participle phrase)(In present participle phrase condition!)

• 8 年前

你的問題其實很簡單,就是用分詞構句來改寫句子。

分詞構句基本上就是把你句中的(疑問)連接詞(e.g. that, when and so on)以及主詞(如果是子句就沒有主詞可以去除)去掉,直接加上分詞,至於過去分詞或現在分詞是由語意判斷是主動或被動。

Example:. Because the book is written in simple English, the book is suitable for beginners.

因為書是被寫的,所以改寫時,是改為過去分詞,

Answer to example: Written in simple English, the book is suitable for beginners.

但其實在分詞構句中,去掉連接詞和主詞,理論上,應該是 Being written in simple English, the book is suitable for beginners. 但是Being 本身是沒有什麼特殊意義,所以我們通常會省略,而變成過去分詞的分詞構句。

---------------------------分隔線-----------------------------

解答問題:

A1:

Well, the prices aren't too high but I saw so many thing saying: "Made in Taiwan"

去掉子句中that連接詞 動詞say在題目中 前面沒有BE動詞,代表是主動形式,所以改saying

A2:

I saw it on the labels in many of clothes looked at.

這題如果你答案寫 .... looking at. 就錯了,你寫這樣的意思就是 我看到標籤在許多會看人的衣服上,把衣服擬人化了,但是衣服只會被看,所以是looked.

A3:

But why did they want to see a bike being almost new?

這題我覺得題目寫錯了,因為後面的句子的動詞是was,後面是加形容詞,所以不可能有被動型態,所以一定是改為being,固為現在分詞片語。

A4:

The bike belonged to a student having finished school here and she was going back to her country.

完成學業,是主動的,所以把had改為主動的現在分詞having (完成式中的have本來就是動詞)

A5:

They might have toys or video games being tired of playing, so they will sell their old ones and use the money to buy new ones.

這題的tired是形容詞,所以一般的主詞加BE動詞加形容詞是主動句型,所以將are改為being

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。