媒體 = press or media?
請問我若要說「媒體訪問ABC 品牌的設計師 」，以下哪種說法較正確？
1. The designer of ABC brand was interviewed by the press.
2. The designer of ABC brand was interviewed by the media.
1.The runway show attracted numerous international buyers and the press.
2.The runway show attracted numerous international buyers and media.
- prisoner26535Lv 77 年前最佳解答
Both are correct and commonly used for both questions.
To me, the differences between "press" and "media" are:
1. they are mostly interchangeable.
2. to me, press emphasizes more on the "source" sides of the information while the latter on the delivery and the consumption sides.
3. Some terms customarily use one but not the other. For example, "press freedom" and "press releases" but not "medium freedom" nor "medium releases".
4. Press is used more on formal and serious information delivery and publications while the latter might be used to include so-called junks, like tabloids.
Is this what you were asking?
- 心星Lv 67 年前
press一般是指 "新聞媒體"，而media是指 "傳播媒體"，所以何時該用哪一個，要看你想要表達的是哪一種媒體。
- TOMING88Lv 77 年前
Briefly the press=newspapers, magazines, the media to communicate;
Hence media for the ABC brand.
The communication is the media meaning for the runway show;
Hence for the runway show is media.