Citron 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 6 年前

英文寫作問題 – 一個句子中最好不要有兩個動詞

請問您認為以下兩個句子哪個寫得比較好?為什麼?(亦即如果是您來寫,您會寫哪個句型?)

1.Michael Kors will offer his own unique “angle” to visitors, sharing his pre-show preparation.

2.Michael Kors will offer his own unique “angle” to visitors and share his pre-show preparation.

謝謝!

P.S. 我把資料來源放在意見欄裡,以免滋生無謂的事端。

已更新項目:

另一組類似的句型:

1.Stephina Touch was raised in Bakersfield, California. Touch looked to traditional Asian architecture when designing her Spring 2013 collection, gleaning inspiration from the clean lines and tiled roofs.

2 個已更新項目:

2. Stephina Touch was raised in Bakersfield, California. Touch looked to traditional Asian architecture when designing her Spring 2013 collection and gleaned inspiration from the clean lines and tiled roofs

同樣地,我把資料來源放在意見欄裡。

6 個解答

評分
  • Kevin
    Lv 7
    6 年前
    最佳解答

其實, 正確的說法是, 第二個以上的動詞要嘛必須有適當的連接詞來串接, 不然就要變裝. 否則, 讀者會搞不清楚這個句子裡到底誰當家.

不過在此題中, 重點不是可不可以有第二個動詞, 而是這第二個動詞要以甚麼方式出現.換個方式, 我把這兩句翻成中文, 希望能表達出其中細微的差異.

麥可將提供他個人獨特的視角, 從中分享其秀前準備過程.

麥可將提供他個人獨特的視角, 也將分享其秀前準備過程. 不過, 不同的方式卻可能表達不同的語意, 彼此無法相互取代.

在版主的例子裡可能並不明顯, 我用另外的例子說明.

He opened the drawer, and took out a gun he had hidden there. (A) (O)

He opened the drawer, taking out a gun he had hidden there. (B) (O)

A=B

He left his apartment, and met an old friend at the restaurant. (C) (O)

He left his apartment, meeting an old friend at the restaurant. (D) (X)

C≠D

同樣的句子結構, 卻因為語意的合理與否而決定其正確性.有些場合適合用分詞, 有些則需用連接詞. 這要靠多閱讀, 並細細體會其間的差異.

• 6 年前

Another nice question to get the feeling of English. Such a feeling is usually NOT stated in any grammar book. Those who want to learn English right, this feeling is what you need to learn and obtain, not those cold and stiff grammar rules.

2013-07-26 22:18:19 補充:

Language is used to express one's thoughts and feeling. Such an expression shall not be constrained by grammar, but by a free spirit of our mind.

• 6 年前

我同意 Princess 的說法!

英語不同說法,有不同含意:

He fell and died.

He fell, dying.

兩句意思完全不同,所以不要被一個老師在一個特定場合講的一句話套死。

• 6 年前

Hmm, Orange juices are really running today for sure...

1 and 2 have different subtle tastes and I will come back to this.

2013-07-26 20:05:53 補充:

First thing first.

>> 一個句子中"最好"不要有兩個動詞

This proclamation is too literal. The idea is that 1 sentence shall convey 1 clear meaning, no matter how simple/complex it might be.

2013-07-26 20:12:32 補充:

In your "comma" question, comment 001, I gave you an example (that you probably didn't see) of multiple verbs. Another much well known one is "I come, I see, I conquer."

2013-07-26 20:14:58 補充:

Some may argue that these are the omission of "and" or "but". But the takeaway is "In ANY natural language, you may do anything when the context is clear." Furthermore, the omission of them makes it look more intense and more importantly, much better than otherwise.

2013-07-26 20:19:32 補充:

You may spend time to recompose "I come, ..." to make it grammatically correct, such as adding 'and' or using semicolon, and then lose the original intensity in it.

Now back to your question.

2013-07-26 20:26:24 補充:

(1) using "sharing" is to suggest imminent concurrency of "offer"ing and "shar"ing while (2) using "and" to imply the both "offer"ing and "shar"ing will occur in unknown order.

2013-07-26 20:28:18 補充:

Another way is to use "to share" which hints the objective of "offer"ing is to "share".

So, they all have different tastes and it shall be used depending on the intentions of the author.

2013-07-26 20:46:22 補充:

I am kind of worried that the Orange dude may have become a grammar bug and lost her capability to enjoy English.

Dude, keep your eyes on the prizes, not the rocks on the fork.

2013-07-26 21:30:43 補充:

Sure thing, but keep your juices running and DO NOT go to the dark side, no matter how enticing it might have been. He don't love you like I do.

2013-07-26 22:27:00 補充:

As a very beautiful (and smart too) girl said,

Keep your eyes on the prizes, but not the rocks on the fork.

And if you see a fork on the road, take it.

2013-07-26 22:29:33 補充:

And now, the Grand Lion and Melon have spoken - never mind the Orange behind the curtain. No more arguments is very certain.

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 匿名使用者
    6 年前

(1) Michael Kors will offer his own unique “angle” to visitors and share his pre-show preparation.

用and連接:因為"pre-show preparation"與"Kors's own unique angle"雖然相關,但不是用來補充說明"Kors's own unique angle".當第二個子句是純粹的新增資訊(pure addition)時,用and連接.

2)Stephina Touch was raised in Bakersfield, California. Touch looked to traditional Asian architecture when designing her Spring 2013 collection, gleaning inspiration from the clean lines and tiled roofs.

用分詞構句(稱為supplementive clause),因為 glean inspiration from the clean lines and tiled roofs是對主要子句的背景補充說明,不是純粹的新增資訊(pure addition)

• 發問的參考:

http://newyorkfashionweeklive.com/NYFW-Live/michae...

正文第三段第五行。

2013-07-26 16:49:09 補充:

「瞬間精采」大大:

請問有什麼原因讓您選2嗎?1 有什麼不對嗎?或為何比較不好嗎?

2013-07-26 17:09:08 補充:

這是第二組句型的資料來源:

http://newyorkfashionweeklive.com/NYFW-Live/watch-...

FEBRUARY 8 – LIVE STREAMING, 8 PM標題下的倒數第二段。

2013-07-26 21:17:19 補充:

prisoner 26535:

謝謝您耐心的解說!這樣我有比較了解了。相信今晚也會睡得比較好了。

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。