RJ 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 6 年前

煩糗達人指導一句英文

•New patented non rebound sledge hammer range- introduces dead blow technology into traditional sledge hammer- result is far less rebound off surface

不知哪位賢達可以指導

sledge hammer 與 dead blow technology 的關係

謝謝

4 個解答

評分
  • 6 年前
    最佳解答

A dead blow (sledge) hammer helpful in minimizing damage to the struck surface and in controlling striking force with minimal rebound from the striking surface.

2013-09-06 09:51:29 補充:

The head of these hammers are commonly hollow and filled with sand or lead shot, which both absorbs the impact of a strike and concentrates all of the energy of the blow in a focused point.

2013-09-06 09:52:28 補充:

If you want to see what it looks like, please refer to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dead_blow_hammer...

2013-09-06 12:41:02 補充:

I didn't know what you want is translation. Here is my take:

新專利無反彈的大槌---把無反彈錘 (dead blow hammer) 的技術導入傳統型大槌—其結果是減少撞擊表面出現反彈 ?

2013-09-06 12:41:43 補充:

Reading it in English is easier than translating it into Chinese!

2013-09-06 12:46:46 補充:

但是他這兒沒有出現 impact or striking 這樣的文字

Yes, but in the sentence, it did use "rebound". It implies "impact" or "striking". After all, what is hammer for?

2013-09-07 22:01:34 補充:

Per your request, I modify my saying in opinion and post it as follows:

A dead blow(sledge) hammer (無反彈錘) can minimize damage to the strucksurface and control the striking force with minimal rebound from the strikingsurface. The heads ofthese hammers are commonly hollow and filled with sand or lead shot, which can absorbthe impact of a strike and concentrate all of the energy of the blow on afocused point. 新專利無反彈的大槌---把無反彈錘 (dead blow hammer) 的技術導入傳統型大槌—其結果是大大地減少撞擊時所產生的反彈力量? (事實上,它可以減少對使用者的手的衝擊).

Usually, dead blow hammer is used for some delicate objects to reduce damage caused by hammering and the frequency of repeating striking. Your questioned sentence indicates that one tried to apply the same kind of idea of dead blow hammer to much bigger hammer (sledge hammer). As you might know, sledge hammer is used for much heavier striking. Therefore, what it tries to achieve is to lower the rebounding force while striking and to reduce users' fatigue and impact on their hands.

2013-09-07 22:06:20 補充:

For some reason, some words are stuck together! Sorry for the situation!

• ubong
    Lv 7
    6 年前

我不是這方面的專家,但是顯然的前者乃一般常用的大鎚,後者乃導入讓下鎚後減低反彈(例如以前步槍的後座力)作用的新技術之大鎚。

• 6 年前

翻成 ".... 顯著減少表面反彈的力道..." 如何 ? 畢竟文字是活的,未必要逐字翻.

2013-09-06 17:34:03 補充:

我純是當黃魚,湊熱鬧, 給個說法罷了. 前面已有瓜姊精闢回答, 感謝,感謝.

• 6 年前

New patented non rebound sledge hammer range- introduces dead blow technology into traditional sledge hammer- result is far less rebound off surface

我的翻譯是這樣==> (新專利,降低反彈力的SLEDGE 大槌---可否把地板槌的技術導入傳統型SLEDGE 大槌—讓表面少掉撞擊的擦撞 ?)

但是他這兒沒有出現 impact or striking 這樣的文字

2013-09-06 15:17:31 補充:

多謝策馬兄的義助

讓不才在英文版, 學到您精湛的 中文修辭學。^^

2013-09-06 16:33:58 補充:

策馬兄, 若不嫌棄,

可否將您精湛的中文移步回答欄 ?

也可讓其他翻譯的愛好者賞析您的大作 !

2013-09-06 18:29:15 補充:

黃魚可貴了 ,一兩十元,也就是一斤160

若不是有牠的身價,怎可以兩計價,

牠肉質鮮美,紅燒清燉皆宜。

每每瞧見黃魚於街肆,於喧鬧的叫賣, 我就知道節慶近了,若沒有牠的參與,還真感受不出那份熱鬧。

2013-09-09 10:04:47 補充:

Buddy Gwa,

Thank you for answering my question, letting all of us enjoy your great work in front stage in stead of sideline.

I am really pleased to read those knowledge provided from your linking.

2013-09-09 10:11:37 補充:

Fyi, the dead blow hammer is normally used for striking the nails on floors.

In order not harm the surface of floors, the hammers I have ever managed are with a very soft face like rubber or plastic etc.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。