（１）Ａ ｐａｓｓｉｏｎ ｆｏｒ ｃｏｆｆｅｅ ｈａｓ ｂｅｅｎ ｓｗｅｅｐｉｎｇ ａｃｒｏｓｓ Ｔａｉｗａｎ。
為什麼是用ｓｗｅｅｐｉｎｇ. ｉｎｓｔｅａｄ, ｓｗｅｐｔ ?
(2) 在看別人留給我的講義中看到 ： 英文中２倍不能用 ｔｗｉｃｅ ａｓ ａｄｊ／ａｄｖ ａｓ ......
但敝人在百度打 twice ａｓ ｏｌｄ as
- GodfreyLv 77 年前最佳解答
A passion for coffee has been sweeping across Taiwan. ~ correct
Present perfect continuous tense, active voice
Sweeping是作 intransitive verb, no object.
A passion for coffee has been swept across Taiwan. ~ wrong
Present perfect tense, passive voice
Swept 是作 past participle, 只有 transitive verb 才可以用 passive voice
轉回 active voice,
Someone has swept a passion for coffee in Taiwan. ~ 錯
It doesn’t make sense.
可以用 twice as adjective/adverb as …你的講義錯
Quoted from Longman English Dictionary ~
They employed 90 people, twice as many as last year.
Interest rates are twice as high as those of our competitors.參考資料： Longman English Dictionary
- YIPLv 77 年前
Answers to the following questions:
(1) A passion for coffee has been sweeping across Taiwan.
"has been sweeping" a verbal phrase acting as " progressive present perfect" tense. That means the strong love for coffee has already been continuously overcome by feeling, filled with enthusiasm around Taiwan.
(2) twice as old as ......==two times older as........
twice==two times==twice as much/twice as many
e.g. 1.He's twice the man he was.==twice as well,strong,etc.
2. think twice before doing something==hesitate, think carefully, before deciding to do it.
3. a twicetold tale==a well-known one.參考資料： Partly according to ”The Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English with Chinese Translation ” published by Hongkong Oxford University Press in 1975