Jason 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 8 年前

对于“turned down",是不是这样翻译最符合原文?

For this text:

> Only then is the survival brain turned down and the personality fever cooled.

请问特别对于“turned down”及相关地方,可不可以意译为?——只有这样以后用以生存的大脑才会清净安定下来。

对于“turned down",是不是这样翻译最符合原文?

Thank you in advance!

**The context is :**(原文中无“**”记号,我加上的)

> The Buddha taught that kind of happiness. He put it this way: “True happiness can only be found by eliminating the false idea of ‘I’ or ‘self.’” **Only then is the survival brain turned down and the personality fever cooled.** The only problem with that formulation is that once the “I” or “self ” has been eliminated, then there is no one around to enjoy the feeling of happiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from “Crazy Wisdom Saves the World Again!” by Wes "Scoop" Nisker:

http://books.google.com.hk/books?id=wU2HzHjzWdwC&p...

7 個解答

評分
  • 幻星
    Lv 5
    8 年前
    最佳解答

Only then is the survival brain turned down and the personality fever cooled.

翻作倖存的大腦恐怕沒有人看得懂,而是應連同整體概念一起譯

"自我"與"我執">>代表得一種欲望

>>turn down =cool

可譯作"無執無我" ,前面的I 跟self>>可能是在我物理與精神上的自我

>>真正的幸福僅存在於除去"自我"、"我執"的精神狀態裡,唯有如此達成"無執無我",心靈才會清靜,衝動(的性格)也才能歸於平淡。

-純屬個人意見-

不是很懂佛家思想~~

2013-09-15 19:44:22 補充:

我不知道你是哪裡人

但是在台灣來說

佛家講心靈成面較多

固而譯成心靈

原本我是譯成心智

也許會更為適合吧

我的理解turn down是像降低聲音一樣

而後面cool也等樣具有減低、降低的意思

所以我才覺得在這句話是類似的

2013-09-15 19:46:02 補充:

大陸在用字上,譯文上的確有不同的習慣...

2013-09-16 10:05:55 補充:

Just so you know, I had the same opinion about "is" as you did, but I was not sure about if it's right. Now that you mentioned that, you really did hit nail on the head.

2013-09-18 18:32:10 補充:

我不覺得這裡有用到虛擬語氣耶,只是後面用了倒裝,也沒有省略that吧

• 7 年前

到下面的網址看看吧

▶▶http://*****/

• 匿名使用者
    7 年前
  • 匿名使用者
    7 年前

到下面的網址看看吧

▶▶http://*****/

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 匿名使用者
    7 年前

到下面的網址看看吧

▶▶http://candy5660601.pixnet.net/blog

• 8 年前

@DaSaGwa 謝謝參考意見!我原先就覺得”才可以降低它的活動“("煩惱由心生")這樣直譯似乎不通順,所以覺得”清淨安定“似乎較好。

另外,我覺得原句子應是:” Only then is that the survival brain turned down and the personality fever cooled. “——省略了”that“。

2013-09-15 16:32:53 補充:

@幻星 thank you!

turn down 應該不是等於cool,應是:the brani functions in a low level.

我覺得你理解對了這方面的佛家思想,不過將大腦譯為”心靈“似乎不妥。

2013-09-15 20:55:33 補充:

仔細想了想,應該就是指——用以生存的大腦才會清凈安定下來。我以為去掉self就剩下(幸存下)survival brain....應該是指消除錯誤的自私觀點,形成大我,或者萬物歸一之類的思想,然後用以生存的大腦才會清凈安定下來。@幻星 @DaSaGwa

2013-09-15 21:23:19 補充:

@幻星 我查了查。。。brain 其實也有心靈的解釋——Your brain is your mind and the way that you think.

不過為了更符合原文,我還是傾向於譯為大腦,就像cpu of an computer which functions in a low level.

2013-09-15 21:23:25 補充:

@幻星 我查了查。。。brain 其實也有心靈的解釋——Your brain is your mind and the way that you think.

不過為了更符合原文,我還是傾向於譯為大腦,就像cpu of an computer which functions in a low level.

2013-09-18 16:47:08 補充:

Only then is the survival brain turned down and the personality fever cooled.——我認為該句涉及到虛擬語氣,因為按前句所述,只有消除錯誤的自我觀點,才能“用以生存的大腦才會清凈安定下來”。所以還是省略了“that”。By the way, 在yahoo這裡用@幻星 @DaSaGwa 等@符號可以叫到你們的嗎?我用了這麼久都不是很清楚。。。

2013-10-03 15:23:33 補充:

整句話用了倒裝和被動語態,沒有省略that。

• 8 年前

The questioned sentence used "only then", it needs to use a reversed sentence, so "is" is the verb for "survival brain".

"survival brain" (幸存的大腦) means the brain without "I" and "self".

2013-09-15 13:00:51 補充:

to translate:

只有這樣(去除了 "I" and "self"後的大腦)幸存下來的大腦 才可以降低它的活動, 高度興奮的個性才可以冷靜下來.

2013-09-15 13:03:13 補充:

My Chinese translation is just for you to understand what it means for the questioned sentence. Other people shall be able to translate it even better.

2013-09-15 13:23:48 補充:

Chinese said, "煩惱由心生", I think, it is what your questioned sentence means.

2013-09-15 22:59:23 補充:

Due to my short-coming in Chinese, my translation is just for reference to help you understand the meaning. Once you have better understanding of the English sentence, then you can come up with your own better version of translation.

2013-09-15 23:02:03 補充:

省略了”that“

No, if it omitted "that", then "turned" is a past tense. However, it is a past participle to form a passive voice with "is".

2013-09-15 23:04:42 補充:

In fact, this sentence is weird, because it use "is turned down" (passive voice), but then use " ... cooled". Even though, it can be explained as "is" is shared by both "turned" and "cooled".

2013-09-15 23:06:28 補充:

If so, it would be a bad writing, after all, it can make the sentence ambiguous. I think, it is better to write as:

Only then is the survival brain turned down and the personality fever is cooled.

2013-09-15 23:13:03 補充:

This way, the tense for both sides of "and" is consistent (present passive voice). Otherwise, one side of "and" is present tense, and other side is pass tense.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。