Hao 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 7 年前

汽車內部相關英文翻譯

In order to provide cabin heating early during engine warm-up, a separate cooling circuit with a small electrical pump of 15 W feeds from the cylinder head.

不太確定汽車內部如何運作所以這段有些疑惑

有請高手解答

已更新項目:

it's my fault that mislead you with incomplete sentences

and yes,the article Master Fantastic posted is what i am translating now.

thank u for your help and sorry for confusing both of you.

2 個已更新項目:

one more question:

the very compact catalyst system consists of a "generic first brick",in line with the turbo outlet.

what's the name of "generic first brick" in Chinese. I can't find it.

3 個已更新項目:

last question:

what is high(low)-speed end?

i almost finish the translation. thank both of you again

your answers help me a lot

4 個解答

評分
  • 7 年前
    最佳解答

Again, your question related with car mechanics. To let you understand what your questioned sentence means, I need to give an idea how the heater work inside the cabin:

As you might know heating inside the cabinet comes from engine's coolant that circulates inside the engine (it has its own circulation system and will not mix with engine oil which is used for lubrication) to remove the heat from combustion. The circulation is done by a water pump (usually driven by a belt) and cooled down inside the radiator (installed at the front of the car) with a cooling fan. However, there is a secondary cooling system which is used for heating inside the cabinet. Coolant will be divert from the engine after it circulates inside the engine to this secondary cooling system. It is also done by a radiator (much smaller one is installed under the wind shield), most of the time the coolant is driven by the main water pump, but sometimes, to heat up the cabin faster, it has a smaller water pump, that will pump coolant directly from engine to this small radiator. Your questioned sentence talked about this portion of my saying.

To translate you can say:

為了提早提升車內的溫度,一個獨立冷卻迴路用的小電泵 (15瓦)從氣缸蓋打出冷卻液直接到供暖用散熱器.

2013-10-22 01:30:51 補充:

how heater work ==> how heater works

2013-10-22 01:33:29 補充:

My chinese translation doesn't match the English version precisely, the reason is the way English version is stated is understandable. If you translate without adding some other info, the Chinese version might not be easy to understand.

2013-10-22 01:36:12 補充:

The reason this small electric pump pumps coolant directly from engine is because there is device called "thermostat" before the main water pump, it will NOT open until the engine temperature reach its operating temperature (between 190 and 210 F). Without the thermostat's opening,

2013-10-22 01:39:06 補充:

continue in opinion !!!

2013-10-22 01:40:30 補充:

This heating radiator will not have hot coolant to heat the cabin. Hence, engineer adds a pump to pump coolant directly from engine to heat the cabin without waiting for the thermostat to open.

2013-10-22 01:41:50 補充:

Of course, this pump will circulate the coolant between engine and the heating radiator. This is why when your car is overheated, you can turn on the heating inside your car to cool the engine faster.

2013-10-22 01:46:12 補充:

typo!

your question related with car mechanics.

==> your question relates to car mechanics.

2013-10-22 01:48:24 補充:

Coolant will be divert from the engine ... ==> Coolant will be diverted from the engine

2013-10-22 02:05:08 補充:

Master Fantastic! Look like you know car mechanics too.

2013-10-22 02:28:51 補充:

Master Fantastic uses "汽缸頭" is better than my "氣缸蓋", because "氣缸蓋" it refers to "cylinder head cover". Inside this cover, what you see is cylinder valves, springs, and rockers. There is NO coolant inside the cylinder head cover.

2013-10-22 02:31:04 補充:

However, inside the cylinder head, it has water channel to circulate coolant. So this electrical pump will pump coolant from cylinder head through a hole drilled through the cylinder head.

2013-10-22 06:11:07 補充:

Master AP! I guarantee you cylinder head and cylinder cover are the same! Cylinder head usually is manufactured by casting, cylinder cover is just sheet metal.

2013-10-22 06:13:38 補充:

for Cylinder head, it looks:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&...

the five photos in the above link.

2013-10-22 06:18:39 補充:

For cylinder head cover, it looks like:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&...

The photo 2 and 4 from the left is cylinder head cover.

2013-10-22 08:57:49 補充:

I would like to thank your little bird, but I have to charge you $100 first before I send you $20.

2013-10-22 09:04:15 補充:

master Fantastic! Thank you for finding the article. Poster didn't include the entire paragraph, and also talk about "cabin". I though it is for inside of the car. Therefore, your translation is much more accurate.

2013-10-22 09:06:56 補充:

Also, this kind of heating process is only for diesel engine, not for gasoline engine. For the cold weather, gasoline engine will use a heater in the main radiator.

2013-10-22 09:11:45 補充:

typo!

cylinder head and cylinder cover are the same!

==> cylinder head and cylinder cover are NOT the same!

2013-10-22 09:15:18 補充:

master Fantastic! Wow! I found a person in the net who has the knowledge about car. As for me, I just like to fix cars :-D ...

2013-10-22 09:41:03 補充:

master Fantastic! As I know, poster is helping his friend to translate article(s). I guess that one of the articles is what you have found. Otherwise, the sentence wouldn't match so precisely. He has asked a question related to piston ring earlier.

2013-10-22 09:43:16 補充:

master Fantastic!

Even though I didn't translate precisely correct. I like to leave the answer alone to let people know when ask question, it is better to show the related sentence, otherwise, it can be dramatically wrong!

2013-10-22 09:44:48 補充:

Like this question, instead of heating up the engine block, my translation is to heating up cabin inside the car :-) ...

2013-10-22 10:10:49 補充:

I have never touched a diesel engine, so I didn't know this part of mechanism. Thank you for the above information.

2013-10-22 11:16:35 補充:

Oh! I just remembered, I did help one of my professors to change out his diesel engine in an Oldsmobile to replace with a gasoline engine. That was the only time I touch a diesel engine.

2013-10-22 11:18:44 補充:

master Fantastic! I have a question for you:

Recently, I ran into a contractor who drove a Dodge Ram, I noticed that when he killed the engine and stepped out of the truck. The diesel engine was still running for a short while before it killed itself, why?

2013-10-23 06:05:16 補充:

what's the name of "generic first brick" in Chinese.

I don't think, it has any special meaning in it. Basically, it means the catalytic brick converter. Catalytic uses heat to burn off the unwanted gas. Therefore, it needs a material like brick to retain the heat.

2013-10-23 06:15:06 補充:

This brick receive and retain heat from engine (it is like firebrick that used in some high efficient wood fireplace, the firebrick is so hot that can burn everything completely), so when the unwanted gas hit it, it will burn off.

2013-10-23 06:21:32 補充:

Therefore, if you want to translate "generic first brick", I would simply say:

第一塊 (通用的) 接觸反應(觸媒)磚

2013-10-23 06:24:56 補充:

You are really brave to accept this kind of translation assignment, if you don't have the specialized knowledge.

2013-10-23 08:05:54 補充:

By the way, I learned all these things in English (most of the time, I don't know what they are in Chinese), so sometimes, my translation to Chinese might look awkward. I just give you an idea what it means, and if you can figure out a better way to translate, it would be great.

2013-10-23 12:45:46 補充:

master Fantastic!

As I know, O2 sensor usually is located before the catalytic converter just right around the exhaust pipe connected to the cylinder head. Why you say "這種觸媒轉換器,一般業界叫做O2 sensor"

2013-10-23 12:48:17 補充:

my point is oxygen center and catalytic converter are TWO different things. O2 sensor is used to help metering the gasoline entering into the combustion camber.

2013-10-23 12:56:02 補充:

Catalytic converter is mainly the smog control device. Generally, it is to burn off uncompleted combustion and harmful gas.

2013-10-23 12:57:08 補充:

As I know, catalytic converter has a ceramic honeycomb-like structure with thousands of parallel channels that provide a large surface area for the application of washcoat and precious-metal catalyst to convert the engine exhaust to less harmful components.

2013-10-23 13:00:33 補充:

There is a mat that is a wrapping surrounding the catalyzed substrate that provides thermal insulation and protects against mechanical shock and chassis vibration.

2013-10-23 13:02:10 補充:

I think, the brick in poster's question shall be referred to the ceramic honeycomb-like structure.

2013-10-23 13:23:26 補充:

You and I know car mechanics, so we can more or less use text to discuss. As I remember when I learned how to fix cars, I asked instructor to tell me what part he was talking about at my car (I can bring my car to the shop to practice). I certainly understand your point.

2013-10-23 13:31:07 補充:

Like O2 sensors, you and I have seen them and even know where they are. It is actually a data collector which feeds information to the on-board computer to control the gasoline metering.

2013-10-23 14:06:22 補充:

Master Fantastic, I went back to read your posting one more time, I fully understand your saying.

2013-10-24 00:53:15 補充:

what is high(low)-speed end?

This is related to torque for engine output. As you might know engine has two different measurement: horsepower and torque.

horsepower is for speed, torque is for acceleration and load.

2013-10-24 00:55:38 補充:

Since your question is related to torque, so I will just focus on this part. The torque output has something to do with its rpm (round per minute,轉速). The higher the rpm, the higher the torque, of course, it is not unlimited. Hence, in engine specification,

2013-10-24 00:58:11 補充:

It will state the maximum torque at what rpm. Here, the high(low)-speed end means high and low rpm. Therefore, to translate, you can simply say:

高(低)轉速

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 7 年前

On wikipedia.org.cn,"汽缸頭" and "氣缸蓋" are the same thing.

I am not sure which is more popularly used, though.

2013-10-22 08:29:19 補充:

I will accept your guarantee only if you give me $20. Otherwise, I will trust my little bird - she told me that they are different.

• 7 年前

為了提供熱車時的引擎溫度提升至工作溫度,在汽缸頭旁邊有個分接裝載15W的小型分離式冷卻迴流電動泵浦。

那顆泵浦,主要是用來調節引擎溫度的,當引擎過熱時,可以用來降溫。

2013-10-22 08:46:58 補充:

http://mtz-worldwide.com/index.php?mode=textansich...

這是在講柴油引擎氣缸頭的預熱塞。唉~猜了半天。

2013-10-22 09:04:09 補充:

柴油引擎冷卻水箱的控制閥若要打開,得要在引擎達到工作溫度之後,才能作動。所以,為了調節引擎工作溫度,在汽缸頭附近就有個小小的電動泵浦,在水箱控制閥還沒打開(冷車狀態)之前,先用來輔助冷卻水循環的。

上面那個連結有前後文,參考看看吧。

2013-10-22 09:09:50 補充:

DaSaGwa:

No problem at all.

Sometimes we just need a complete article to have a better understanding. :-)

I've been in automotive industry for years BTW. :-P

2013-10-22 09:33:20 補充:

給版大:

如果要瞭解柴油引擎的作動方式,請自行上網找內燃機的相關說明。而你所挑出來的這句,主要是在講柴油引擎汽缸頭上面一個小型的電動冷卻泵浦的功能。如此而已。

DaSaGwa:

I just happen to know most of the heavy-duty stuff, that's all. :-P

2013-10-22 09:52:27 補充:

Well, we all have been confused by the question...

Heating up cabin是柴油引擎的作動特色。古早的柴油引擎在冷車起動時,需要有preheat plug,讓燃燒室加溫。這樣,柴油才能完全燃燒,不會冒黑煙。而在冷車階段,冷卻風扇還沒開始打開的時候,就需要有這個小小的電動泵浦輔助冷卻水循環。

2013-10-22 10:21:12 補充:

No problem. That's why we all need to be here to learn something new. :-P

2013-10-22 15:48:02 補充:

Hmm... I am not the owner, so I wouldn't have idea about its setups. Some of the forums have brought up the topic but no body knows what was going on.

As for the pickup truck I drove before, I never encounter such an issue. I'll let you know when I own a Dodge Ram. ;-)

2013-10-23 12:19:42 補充:

在排氣管上的觸媒轉換器,可分為初級(first, or primary)與次級(secondary, or main)兩種,主要用來感測排氣溫度,改善排氣品質。這裡所提到的generic first brick,應該是說初級觸媒轉換器。當然,他並不是一定得要長的像個磚頭。

然而,這只是個初步概念,當觸媒轉換器的訊號傳導到ECU的時候,會同時判別與調節油門、引擎轉速、汽(柴)油泵浦供油量... 以達到最佳運轉狀態。

2013-10-23 12:26:49 補充:

再來,這種觸媒轉換器,一般業界叫做O2 sensor(含氧感知器)。因為在意見區發表,所以沒辦法用圖片說明。不過,您可以自己Google一下這個東西,不是很難找。

2013-10-23 13:00:09 補充:

好吧,讓我這樣說,O2 sensor是觸媒轉換器裡面的零件。整個也不是叫做catalytic converter,而是一個系統。我只是把發問者的這個generic first brick以及原文文章裡面的second brick解釋一下。 :-)

2013-10-23 13:16:50 補充:

It's somewhat imaginary to discuss the whole thing by text.

And yes, there are 2 O2 sensors mounted on the pipe, one after another. No one expects to have physical brick inside the pipe to block the exhaust system. That would not be a smart design anyway.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。