mafioso 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 7 年前

who的補述用法- 急! 15點~請幫忙

基本上我已經了解補述用法的基本結構,

如 John bought the house, which is beautiful.

剛剛在知識加上面也看到以下的例句,

Nowadays, adults always give red envelopes to their relatives and children, which becomes a culture in the east.

這句的which的先行詞是前面的整個句子,而非其中的一個名詞。所以這樣也是可以的,

請問以下的who的補述用法是正確的嗎? 如果不行, 請教高手會如何表達呢?

If you are looking for someone with science and engineering background, who can use language effectively, I feel confident about being the person you are seeking.

2 個解答

評分
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 年前
    最佳解答

基本上我已經了解補述用法的基本結構,

如 John bought the house, which is beautiful.

這句的逗號應刪去,因為the house是受到關係子句的限定性修飾才用定冠詞的,不能加逗號。只有非限定的修飾語才能用逗號。限定性質的修飾語提供的是充分且必要的條件,非限定的才是充分但非必要的條件。 約翰買了漂亮的那間屋子。漂亮是充分且必要條件。

非限定的修飾語才是在做補述(因為只是補充,拿掉後不影響原句的準確性)。

剛剛在知識加上面也看到以下的例句,

Nowadays, adults always give red envelopes to their relatives and children, which becomes a culture in the east.

這句的which的先行詞是前面的整個句子,而非其中的一個名詞。所以這樣也是可以的,

這句的逗號是正確的。表示關係子句係以前面的全句為先行詞。

請問以下的who的補述用法是正確的嗎? 如果不行, 請教高手會如何表達呢?

If you are looking for someone with science and engineering background, who can use language effectively, I feel confident about being the person you are seeking.

不佳。宜改寫成:

If you are looking for someone who is not only with science and engineering background but also proficient in English, I assure you that I am the person you need.

2014-02-13 14:43:36 補充:

原提供的not only ... but also ...所對應的內容不相稱,宜改為:

If you are looking for someone who is not only with a sicence and engineering background but also with excellent language skills ....

• 7 年前

If you are looking for someone with science and engineering background, and with English proficiency, I am the person.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。