請問Lucille最後說的那句話是什麼意思呢?

2 個已更新項目:

謝謝您,現在明白了XD

方便再請教您,這裡的Clap-Trap要如何解釋呢?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklyGaCdp2g

Youtube thumbnail

3 個已更新項目:

這是影片中的台詞

Michael: It is going to up in Tahoe a couple more days. Maybe you could take a date

Lucille: How am I supposed to find someone willing to go into that musty old claptrap?

Michael: [Michael stares at her awkwardly] The cabin... yes! That would be difficult, too.

4 個已更新項目:

笑點是不是Michael一開始以為Lucille說的claptrap是指她自己,之後才意會到她說的是cabin?

那麼這裡的claptrap該如何翻譯比較妥當呢?謝謝!

1 個解答

評分
  • 6 年前
    最佳解答

Gob bought a boat called the "Seaward" ( sounds like "C-word" (c*nt : refer to female) ) and when Michael said "Get rid of the Seaward" his mom thought he said "Get rid of the C-Word" referring to her. Then she (his mother) said "I'll leave when I'm good and ready."

The funny point is all in the response of his mom. She heard "C-word" and responded with "I'll leave when I'm good and ready." It is kind of Chinese said, "陰錯陽差."

2014-04-20 01:54:10 補充:

"c*nt" (* = u) is a bad word used to refer female.

2014-04-20 02:21:17 補充:

請問Lucille最後說的那句話是什麼意思呢?

Let's not translate it word by word. It means, "I will leave when I am ready and willing, I don't need you to get rid of me."

2014-04-20 02:22:13 補充:

This kind of joke is all in the facial expression of Michael's mom. With imagined and expressive words, it makes the joke even more profound.

2014-04-20 03:22:07 補充:

方便再請教您,這裡的Clap-Trap要如何解釋呢?

You mean this word "claptrap" or the video?

If it is the word "claptrap", it means "words or ideas that are foolish or stupid (don't make sense)"

2014-04-20 03:23:27 補充:

For some reason, when I played video, sound was so minute that I couldn't hear it.

2014-04-21 21:05:48 補充:

I still have trouble to listen to the entire video, because of the volume is very minute (even though I have turned up the volume). However, you have transcribed the conversation. That makes it easier for me.

2014-04-21 21:10:48 補充:

This is American style joke. To us, it might not be as funny:

She called HERSELF "claptrap" (a non-sense place, usually, this word refers to "words" or "ideas"). Michael reminds her that he means the "cabin".

2014-04-21 21:14:55 補充:

I don't know how to translate this word, but in my point of view, she thinks: no one will go out for a date with her, because of her being non-sense and old (she use "musty"). Again, this is kind of "point to something, but mean something else."

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。