born again christian

How do you say "born again christian" in Chinese?

Thanks!

已更新項目:

Do they call themselves as baptist or methodist or any other words in Chinese, esp. in Taiwan?

*The reason I asked because I have some Taiwanese friends here called themselves "born again Christian". Just wanna make sure they meant what they said instead of taking words literally.

2 個已更新項目:

Thank you for the reference.

I understand the meaning of "Born again christian"...but I am trying to find out what Chinese words people use in Taiwan when they describe themselves as "重生的基督徒".

3 個已更新項目:

In English, born again christian also means someone was a christian and then left the church for a while...one day, they decided to go back to the church and be a christian again. So I am trying to find out if my friends are like that.

4 個已更新項目:

Commonly, in the USA, people who call themselves born again Christian are either a snob or someone who joins a extreme religious group/church...etc....I am trying to find out what type of church my friends have joined.....

2 個解答

評分
  • 5 年前
    最佳解答

Born again Christian ~ 重生的基督徒。

2014-10-22 04:21:44 補充:

They meant they are not nominal Christians -- Christians in name only. Rather, they are pretty serious about their faith.

2014-10-22 04:21:51 補充:

Christians from all denominations -- Presbyterians, Baptists; Methodists; non-denominational...etc. use the term to differentiate themselves from those who claim to be Christians, yet are never sure or serious about their Christian faith.

2014-10-22 04:23:38 補充:

"Born again" means they have received a new life in Christ. (In reference to John 3: 3)

2014-10-22 09:43:29 補充:

I see. When I talked to Chinese Christians from Shanghai, they often speak of someone being 重生得救. Other than that, I am not aware of any specific designation of such term in Chinese. Maybe your friend just decided to get serious about his faith.

• 5 年前

如 rjamesho 所說,一般稱「重生基督徒」,來自聖經:「我實實在在的告訴你,人若不重生,就不能見神的國。」

不過也有人稱「再生的基督徒」,也有聖經根據。早期聖經譯本:「吾確確語爾知,人若弗再生,必不見神國也。」

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。