Citron 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 5 年前

中翻英 - 「實施」品質及可靠性

原中文:確實實施並維持公司管理活動的品質及可靠性。

原英譯:The quality and reliability of the Company’s management activities are firmly implemented and maintained.

我現在對使用”implement”這個動詞來搭配quality和reliability這兩個名詞,覺得不comfortable,但卻又想不出更好的英文動詞,可否請各位前輩幫我想想有沒有較適切的英文動詞可用?(不知可否用in place來取代implement?)

又,其實我有點覺得原中文用「實施」來搭配「品質」和「可靠性」有點不恰當,但也想不出更好的中文動詞來用。若各位前輩有想到,可否也教教我?

謝謝!

已更新項目:

謝謝意見欄各位大師的幫忙。

現在我想知道,如果我這裡用in place 來代替implement,是否可行。

2 個已更新項目:

謝謝Lindsey的提請和公主小姐為我重寫句子。

不過,如果為了某些原因,我想維持原來的句構,有沒有什麼字是可以代替上述句子中的implement (和in place)的?因為有大大說in place好像也不太好。而我也覺得它不夠力。

拜託囉。我很想把這個句子寫好,但力有未逮。

P.S. 原來的句子不是這樣。我是把它簡化了。所以不方便採用公主小姐的寫法。

3 個已更新項目:

Per Master Lindsey's advice in Commentary 016, a more "original" version of the sentenece is provided below:

The Company shall set up a sound, turnkey management system to ensure that the quality and reliability of its management activities are firmly implemented and maintained.

4 個已更新項目:

I don't feel comfortable with the verb "implement" (or even in place) but cannot think of other words to replace them (without alter the sentence structure dramatically). That’s why I am very puzzled now.

5 個解答

評分
  • 最佳解答

Because I don’t want to loose GOOD answserS, so….

prisoner26535 ( 知識長)

原英譯:managerial processes shall be closely (or strictly) oberserved (or implemented) to ensure the quality and the reliability (of the managerial activities).

Lindsey ( 專家 5 級 )

Citron, I don't think "implement the quality and reliability" is an acceptable collocation. It sounds weird. Even "be in place" can't get you anywhere.

As shown in 001 I pointed out, you need (to introduce) some measures/ disciplines first, so that the quality and reliability of the activity can be nicely taken care of.

Citron, in 003, AP's already made some revision for you.

rjamesho ( 知識長 )

為什麼中文版是主動,英文版卻翻譯成被動呢?

• 5 年前

Lindsey,

Thanks a lot for the verb "carry out".

BTW, I don't quite undersand the English words you put in Commentary 006. What do they mean or imply?

2015-01-12 05:43:40 補充:

Master rjamesho,

The original versions (both English and Chinese ones) of the text were written using passive voice. It’s just that when I posted this question I adjusted the voice of the Chinese version to active one.

2015-01-12 05:43:48 補充:

Anyway, thank you very much for the advice and/or reminding. I do remember American Princess’ earnest exhortations: using active voice instead of passive one!

2015-01-12 23:18:03 補充:

Lindsey,

Thank you very much your the thoughtful advices.

2015-01-15 22:09:30 補充:

Lindsey,

Would you please move your comment # 18 to the answer section?

Thank you!

• 5 年前

原英譯:managerial processes shall be closely (or strictly) oberserved (or implemented) to ensure the quality and the reliability (of the managerial activities).

• 5 年前

為什麼中文版是主動,英文版卻翻譯成被動呢?

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 5 年前

Citron, please take a look at your source langauge again. ____ (tests, regulations or whatever) must be carried out to maintain the quality and reliability. -Lindsey

2015-01-12 01:42:09 補充:

Ms. prisoner, could I ask you a question about translation? I heard a teacher who taught translation told his students that "wei chi she hui zhi xu" should be translated into "bring order to society" rather than "maintain social order".

2015-01-12 01:43:48 補充:

Because the former sounds even more like what a native speaker will say than the latter. In his word, the latter one is Chinguish. What do you think? I appreciate your reply. --- Lindsey

2015-01-12 01:49:15 補充:

FYI, wei2 chi2 she4 hui4 zhi4 xu4

2015-01-12 16:20:08 補充:

Citron, I don't think "implement the quality and reliability" is an acceptable collocation. It sounds weird. Even "be in place" can't get you anywhere.

2015-01-12 16:21:24 補充:

As shown in 001 I pointed out, you need (to introduce) some measures/ disciplines first, so that the quality and reliability of the activity can be nicely taken care of.

2015-01-12 16:32:29 補充:

Citron, in 003, AP's already made some revision for you.

2015-01-13 16:16:59 補充:

Citron, you said, 原中文:確實實施並維持公司管理活動的品質及可靠性。 But the question is---

實施 she2 me0?

(What is the object for 實施 in Chinese?)

Ni3 bu4 neng2 shi2 shi1 pin3 zhi2 han4 ke3 kao4 xing4, dui4 ba0?

(The quality and reliability "cannot" be implemented, right?)

2015-01-13 16:57:56 補充:

Or 確實維持並ti2 sheng1 (enhance)公司管理活動的品質及可靠性。

>P.S. 原來的句子不是這樣

Could you provide that?

2015-01-14 13:18:14 補充:

Citron, thanks for the offer. I have a confession to make---I never heard of the collocation "implement the quality and the reliability".

2015-01-14 13:27:23 補充:

The translator of 原英譯 probably translated it literally; or s/he intended to provide a off-kilter translation to shake loose my grip on corpus study or something. But no matter.

2015-01-14 13:53:16 補充:

For your information, replace "implemented" with "attained" or "retained" if you do really care enough to stand up for the way it is presented. ---Lindsey

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。