Citron 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 5 年前

Subscribe to 到底是啥意思?

我查字典,它有”同意、支持”的意思,例如:

I don’t subscribe to such views.

我不同意這樣的觀點。

然而,套在下列句子的context裡,我卻不知如何翻譯。可否請各位前輩指導一下?

1. Does the operator subscribe to the operation safety procedure?

版本一:操作者是否 「確實遵循」安全運作程序?

版本二:操作者是否 「制定」安全運作程序?

版本三:操作者是否 「支持」安全運作程序?

版本四:Give me a better Chinese version, please!

2-1. It is strongly recommended that the Company subscribes to a product quality assessment program.

版本一:強烈建議公司 「落實」安全運作程序?

版本二:強烈建議公司 「制定」安全運作程序?

版本三:強烈建議公司 「支持」安全運作程序?

2-2. The company must subscribe to a regular product quality analysis program by an independent auditor.

版本一:公司必須「落實」由獨立稽核員定期作產品品質分析之計畫。

版本二:公司必須「制定」由獨立稽核員定期作產品品質分析之計畫。

版本三:公司必須「支持」由獨立稽核員定期作產品品質分析之計畫。

又,無論如何,不管怎樣,subscribe to用在除了訂閱雜誌、報紙之外的此種用法,是我以往未曾見過的。但最近卻在半年內見了三次。請問這種用法常見嗎?idiomatically correct嗎?

Thank you very much in advance for your help again!

已更新項目:

Dear Princess,

I understand your sayings, which are somehow consistent with what my dictionary says. However, for the three sentences above, "真心認知而認同" cannot fit properly into the contexts. Basically, the three sentences are parts of checklists of procedure manuals.

2 個已更新項目:

The readers/users of the checklists (or procedure manuals) are normally "forced" to follow the instructions prescribed in the manual; and when the auditors come to perform inspection, ...

3 個已更新項目:

… they use these chceklists to check (item by item) whether the operators have been performing the tasks in accordance with the prescribed procedures.

4 個已更新項目:

My boss said "信服" is not enough because those are compulsory requirement to be followed.

3 個解答

評分
  • 5 年前
    最佳解答

subscribe是出自內心自願地認同

是無法被建議或被逼迫來的

所以在這裡第2題並不適用!

2015-05-25 11:35:45 補充:

1. Does the operator subscribe to the operation safety procedure?

版本四:操作者是否 「因真心認知而認同」安全運作程序?

2-1. It is strongly recommended that the Company subscribes to a product quality assessment program. (X)

It is strongly ... the company implement a product ... program. (O)

版本一:強烈建議公司 「落實」安全運作程序?

2-2. The company must subscribe to a regular product quality analysis program by an independent auditor.

版本4:公司必須「因真心認知而認同」由獨立稽核員定期作產品品質分析之計畫。

2015-05-25 11:37:05 補充:

"信服"may be a better term?

2015-05-25 13:16:29 補充:

Orange dude,

1. 2-1 is a bad writing, if it is not wrong at all.

2. "信服" is not enough is not because of the bad translation but of the improper use of "subscribe(s) to"

2015-05-25 13:20:42 補充:

3. if your job is "to translate", then there is not much you can do, is there?

2015-05-25 13:35:22 補充:

4. Also, I really don't care what your boss said. Tell me what you think.

2015-05-25 14:29:12 補充:

"信服" may lack the action nuance but that is what "subscribe to" is about.

2015-05-26 01:00:34 補充:

Nope, my orange, there is no sir, not with you.

2015-05-26 09:27:45 補充:

That was why I said you needed more 99.

• 5 年前

Pricess,

You asked me what I think. Hmm. I have no idea. And that's why I am here, asking this question.

2015-05-25 22:31:00 補充:

BTW.These sentences were (most probably) written by non-native English speakers. So, the expression might not be very precise. To translation them into Chinese versions that are both udnerstandable and "practical", we might need to adjust them a little bit.

2015-05-25 22:33:33 補充:

My main purpose of raising this question is to know: is it idiomatical to write like this way?

Now, I know it's NOT. In other words, you Masters' comments have serve the purpose. Thank you very much.

2015-05-26 08:43:10 補充:

Dear Princee,

It was a typo. Sorry. I was tired and sleepy while typing this sentence last night.

To correct it....

To the most beautiful princess, with love.

2015-05-26 08:43:36 補充:

typo again.

Dear Princee ==> Dear Princess

• 5 年前

I think it's pretty close to "willing to follow" ~ (1)我會簡單翻成 “願意遵循”;(2) 和 (3) 則簡單翻成“遵循”與“切實遵循”。

這種用法蠻常看到的。

2015-05-25 13:42:28 補充:

"信服" lacks the action nuance.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。