prisoner26535 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 4 年前

這2句英語怎翻啊?有沒有文法與結構上的問題啊?

The meeting demonstrated that the two sides have established a way to resolve disputes peacefully. It helped build a bridge across the Taiwan Strait, establishing a new model whereby the two leaders can continue to meet in equality and dignity.

已更新項目:

If it establishes a "new" model for the future communication with equality and dignity between 2x leaders, does it mean that "equality or dignity" has never existed before?

1 個解答

評分
  • Kookie
    Lv 5
    4 年前
    最佳解答

The meeting demonstrated that the two sides have established a way to resolve disputes peacefully.

(馬習)會議展現雙方已經建構了一條和平解決爭議的途徑,

It helped build a bridge across the Taiwan Strait, establishing a new model whereby the two leaders can continue to meet in equality and dignity.

更搭起台海兩岸的橋樑,建立兩岸領導人在對等和尊嚴下持續會面的新模式。

The meeting

a.) demonstrated that the two sides have established a way to resolve disputes peacefully

b.) helped build a bridge across the Taiwan Strait

c.) establish a new model whereby the two leaders can continue to meet in equality and dignity.

i) the meeting 促成 establish a new model? 還是

ii) build a bridge across the Taiwan Strait 促成 establish a new model?

認同 i) 則應改寫

i) It helped build a bridge across the Taiwan Strait (and establish) a new model whereby the two leaders can continue to meet in equality and dignity.

原句顯然認為是 ii)

這可能又要各說各話,有得吵了。我是傾向 i) the meeting 促成 establish a new model

用簡單一點的邏輯: New Model 的重點是

i) 兩岸未來的 Meeting, 還是

ii) Bridge。Mr. Ma 可能架個小木橋,就飛奔過海,只是小木橋是否挺得了風浪險惡,Ms.Tsai 可能跨海大橋都抬不動。

補充回應:

Let's face it! There will be no true "equality and dignity" across Taiwan Straight, given the huge gap between both sides in terms of land area, population and countries with diplomatic relations, not to mention the difference in culture and political ideology.

If "equality and dignity" means the balance of a scale between both ends, once it had tipped in ROC's favor, when The Generalissimo met with The Great Helmsman in 1945, but that was before KMT's retreat to Taiwan. Since then, both sides were in constant conflict.

One may argue that "Koo–Wang summit" in 1993 was one example of cross-strait meeting based on "equality and dignity". It should be noted that the representatives of both sides were not leaders and the summit, along with a few follow-ups, was a working-level consultation.

CAN ANYONE BE ELATED ENOUGH TO PRAISE DIGNITY when you are being invited to sit at the negotiation table with a gun pointing at you? In the case of Cross-strait Talks, 1,800 missiles.

• Kookie
      Lv 5
      4 年前檢舉

In the least, you can do me a favor.
      Post this question on Reddit.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。