Obama 今天的演說裡有一句話 要怎翻呢? "Less government is the highest good, no matter what!"?

更新: Bird, then why did Obama use "the highest good" but not just "the best"?
更新 2: Nope, I think there is far more than 「最好不過的」。
更新 3: "I do think that part of what contributed to this crisis was a broader mindset, a bigger attitude, a corrosive attitude that exists in our politics, that exists in too many levels of our government. And it's a mindset that believes that less government is the highest good, no matter what. It's a... 顯示更多 "I do think that part of what contributed to this crisis was a broader mindset, a bigger attitude, a corrosive attitude that exists in our politics, that exists in too many levels of our government. And it's a mindset that believes that less government is the highest good, no matter what. It's a mindset that says environmental rules designed to keep your water clear, or your air clean, are optional or not that important or unnecessarily burden businesses or taxpayers.
更新 5: Jekin大大說得很有理. "the highest good"應該是用來讽刺共和黨理想中的"至善"的行為.也就是"政府是越小越好"的觀念. 用"good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到人性的善與惡(同我者善,異我者惡)的程度了. 用"high good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到基本人性的善與惡(同我者超善,異我者超惡)的程度了. 用"highest good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到基本人性的至善與至惡(同我者至善,異我者至惡)的程度了. So, is there any objection that... 顯示更多 Jekin大大說得很有理. "the highest good"應該是用來讽刺共和黨理想中的"至善"的行為.也就是"政府是越小越好"的觀念.

用"good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到人性的善與惡(同我者善,異我者惡)的程度了.

用"high good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到基本人性的善與惡(同我者超善,異我者超惡)的程度了.

用"highest good"是來說 這一點已經牽涉到基本人性的至善與至惡(同我者至善,異我者至惡)的程度了.

So, is there any objection that Jenkin be picked for the best answer?
4 個解答 4