promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Wendy 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 4 年前

請幫我看看這些句子有沒有錯誤,謝謝!?

1. She accepted his request, even though he did her wrong when they were young.

2. People prepare something blue for baby boys and something pink for baby girls in general.

3. I meet with my old friends and have dinner together once in a while.

4. The empire is strong for the time being.

5. He left the country as soon as his wife went bankrupt, in other words, he abandoned her.

6. Those things you did don’t bother me anymore, in other words, you have my forgiveness.

7. Quitting the team was a huge mistake. It has been five years, and I still regret it.

8. The job didn’t pay well, but I got along with my co-workers. It was a great environment to work in. (work at?)

Thanks a lot!

已更新項目:

啊啊不好意思,第六句是我抄錯,原句是Those things you did bother me no more, in other words, you have my forgiveness.

想請問一下 "don't bother me no more" 或是常聽到的 "I don't know nothing" 的使用時機?

Longman對雙重否定的解釋是two negative words used in one sentence when only one is needed in correct English grammar, for example in the sentence 'I don't want nobody to help me!' 而之前去請教老師時得到解釋是,這是古英語常有的用法,但在文藝復興之後被語法學者反對(好像是為了推廣負負得正的觀念),因此現代幾乎只用在口語;還聽說過有些作家會讓筆下角色用這種方式說話,以凸顯其缺乏正規教育(我個人是還沒看到例子)。引經據典時用到這個句型我想應該沒什麼問題,但如果是一般的作文、考試或正式書信適合使用嗎?

2 個已更新項目:

其實5~7是我抄某校考題上來問的,真不知道那個學校是叫誰出的考題......

第五句我個人改的是...as soon as she was declared bankrupt...(單純覺得原句不順眼XD

請教一下she was declared bankrupt = 她被法院裁定破產

she declared bankruptcy = 她宣告破產(?

那went bankrupt可以使用嗎?改掉是因為不夠漂亮嗎?(我個人常看到people go bankrupt blah blah blah,這題這樣用應該也可行?

追問好多真是不好意思orz

1 個解答

評分
  • 4 年前
    最佳解答

1. She accepted his request, even though he did her wrong when they were young. (OK)

She willingly accepted his request, ... (better)

2. People prepare something blue for baby boys and something pink for baby girls in general. (OK)

People ... boys and pink for girls typically. (better)

3. I meet with my old friends and have dinner together once in a while. (good)

4. The empire is strong for the time being. (OK)

The empire remains strong for the time being. (OK as well)

5. He left the country as soon as his wife went bankrupt, in other words, he abandoned her. (bad grammar)

He left his wife for another country as soon as she declared bankruptcy. In other words, ...

更新 2:...

> went bankrupt可以使用嗎?

yes.

> 改掉是因為不夠漂亮嗎?

"go bankrupt" is a generic term that may be considered equivalent to "become poor"

"declare bankruptcy" is more specific to indicate that certain legal procedures are executed.

The reason why I said "bad grammar" was the ',' instead of '.' to end the first sentence.

6. Those things you did don’t bother me anymore, in other words, you have my forgiveness. (bad grammar)

Those things you did don't bother me no more. In other words, ...

更新:

For double negativity (and triple negativity), please see my debate with Cavalier (aka, 蘿莉, and 無極).

My argument - learning English is not for the purposes of earning good grades.

It is to learn a tool to understand others' culture and lives.

In that sense, yes, double/triple negativity is still commonly used by most English speakers.

7. Quitting the team was a huge mistake. It has been five years, and I still regret it. (ugly grammar)

Quitting the team was a hug mistake. I remain regretted after 5 years.

8. The job didn’t pay well, but I got along with my co-workers. It was a great environment to work in. (work in is fine)

The pay was bad but colleagues were supportive. It was ... to work in. (better way to use "but")

• Wendy4 年前檢舉

不好意思這麼晚才回覆,我的信箱漏信了一直沒發現有更新(汗)
      非常感謝您的回答!!

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。