1. Mr. Jones _____ investing in that company, but he finally decided against it.
2. If we hadn't left the house so late, we ______ the plane.
(A) wouldn't have missed
(B) wouldn't miss
(C) won't have missed
(D) won't miss
3. These reports must be turned ______ before the end of the week.
4. Samantha worked very hard and put in a lot of overtime hours because she hoped for an _______ in her salary.
5. They brought extra chairs into the room ________ they expected a large number of people to attend the meeting.
6. We have been asked not to walk _______ the lobby today because it's being painted.
7. By the time we got to the train station, the train _______.
(A) had already left
(B) had already been left
(C) has already left
(D) will have already left
8. Dr. Smith is a well-respected expert and has ______ experience in her field.
9. _________ he graduated from the university, he got a job at a good company.
10. If you don't want to get stuck in a traffic jam, you should avoid _______ during rush hour.
(C) to drive