12. He _____ into her eyes and declared his love for her.
(A) glanced (B) glared (C) gazed (D) glimpsed
15. People are out of work in high numbers in most European countries, but no governments are about to _____ as a result.
(A) refuse (B) topple (C) transmit (D) cancel
16. Waiting is a ______ of imprisonment. One is being punished not for an offense of one’s own but often for the
inefficiencies of those who impose the wait.
(A) form (B) person (C) trend (D) virtue
21. John Hancock participated in signing the historic Declaration of Independence, which set forth the reasons for the
independence of __________ is now the United States from Great Britain.
(A) that (B) where (C) which (D) what
22. __________ the fact that it’s overpriced, the house will certainly sell.
(A) In spite of (B) Despite of (C) Although (D) While
23. I-lan used to rain year round __________ location near the Pacific Ocean.
(A) because it’s (B) owing to that (C) is that whose (D) because of its
24. Not until the 1960s __________.
(A) did women’s movements begin to surge in the West.
(B) women’s movements began to surge in the West.
(C) began women’s movements to surge in the West.
(D) were women’s movements began to surge in the West.
25. “It’s cold in the hospital.” “Let’s get some heating ______.”
(A) installing (B) be installed (C) install (D) installed
26. “Where have you been?” “Sorry, I had ______ some milk.”
(A) to stop to get (B) stop getting (C) to stop getting (D) to stop get
- KookieLv 53 年前最佳解答
12. (C) gazed
15. (B) topple
16. (A) form
21. (D) what
22. (A) In spite of
23. (D) because of its
24. (A) did women’s movements begin to surge in the West.
25. (D) installed
26. (A) to stop to get