Yahoo奇摩知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東部時間) 終止服務。自 2021 年 4 月 20 日 (美國東部時間) 起,Yahoo奇摩知識+ 網站將會轉為唯讀模式。其他 Yahoo奇摩產品與服務或您的 Yahoo奇摩帳號都不會受影響。如需關於 Yahoo奇摩知識+ 停止服務以及下載您個人資料的資訊,請參閱說明網頁。

Kookie
Lv 5
Kookie 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 3 年前

Funny you should say that!?

While watching the movie "Victoria and Abdul", I have come across this dialogue:

Queen Victoria: "Abdul. You've been an utter fool. And I'm absolutely furious with you. It is unconscionable that as my munshi (spiritual teacher) you should have lied to me in any way."

請問這句話中文意思? "It is unconscionable that as my munshi you should have lied to me in any way."

已更新項目:

1.) Why did everyone leave out "unconscionable" and "in any way" in their answers?

2.) If the sentence translate into Chinese,"你既然是宗教老師,就不應該欺騙我," why not just say, ""It is unconscionable that as my munshi you SHOULDN'T have lied to me in any way."

2 個已更新項目:

Why can't I delete this question?

3 個解答

評分
  • Simon
    Lv 5
    3 年前
    最佳解答

FYI:

I have trouble to understand the following sentence (my, Simon, poor writing 1 year ago)

I have trouble UNDERSTANDING the following sentence:

We sometimes use 'should' to express surprise or regret about something that happened:

"I’m amazed that he should have done something so stupid." : = He did 'something stupid' and I am surprised that he did.

It is strange that a clever person like you should have believed him.” = 'you' believed 'him', and I am surprised, because 'you' are a clever person and YOU SHOULD HAVE REALISED he was lying/being deceitful.

Bazza · 1 year ago

• 3 年前

The form" should not have" are much less frequently used in USA even

to talk about the past=rare in American English.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't have lied to me that way (as =if) you had not been my munshi(="文書").

既然是"文書"宗教老師,就不應該欺騙我.罪該萬死殺無赦殺無赦!!!!!!!!!!!!

• YIP
    Lv 7
    3 年前

"It is unconscionable that as my munshi you should have lied to me in any way."==你既然是宗教老師,就不應該欺騙我. Yip

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。